Chapter 13

After hours in labor, Wei Wuxian managed to give birth safely to a healthy baby girl. Wei Wuxian fainted right away after labor and did not even get to lay eyes on her. When Lan Wangji was finally allowed into the chamber, he rushed to his side rather than looking at his firstborn. The midwife who was holding the poor crying baby said,

"Master Lan, Master Wei is alright now, he just needed to get some rest. Come, your daughter is here."

She handed him the baby, but Lan Wangji did not give out his hand to hold her. Lan Xichen saw him only staring at her, he said,

"Wangji, she's your daughter, try holding her."

Lan Wangji carefully carried her, he felt that she was so fragile and previous as if she was easily broken if he even held her wrongly. He may be having a poker face, but Lan Xichen knew that Lan Wangji was very emotional. He caressed her chubby cheeks and it seemed that that soothed her and the baby stopped crying. Lan Wangji smiled lightly and kissed her on the forehead.

When Wei Wuxian was finally awake, the chamber was only covered in the dimmed light of a candle. He turned his head a little to see Lan Wangji sitting by his side.

"Wei Ying."

"Er Gege..."

Lan Wangji helped him sat up.

"Where's the baby?"

"The wet nurse is feeding her."

"I want to see her."

"You'll see her soon when she's fed."

"Er Gege, was it a boy or a girl?"

"Girl."

"Oh I see, a naughty girl. It hurts so bad."

When he was in labor, he was biting his lips, trying not to let out a scream, just so he could hear the baby's cry.

"No more."

"Hm? No more what?"

"You're hurting. One is enough."

"Er Gege, if I'm not the one doing this, will you do it?"

"Yes."

Wei Wuxian laughed when he heard his answer. He then said no more and held him tightly. The little demon was well fed and taken to Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. The baby was in Lan Wangji's arm. Wei Wuxian had all his eyes on her. She was so...beautiful to him, cute when she was making those little noises.

"Do you want to hold her?" Wei Wuxian did not know how to. Lan Wangji handed her over and Wei Wuxian was moving around to find the most suitable position. When he finally did, the baby started crying again.

"Why are you crying? Do you hate me that much?"

He tried to calm her down, but nothing was working. He passed her back to Lan Wangji and immediately the little brat stopped crying.

"What the...I'm the one who gave birth to you! How could you do this to me!"

Wei Wuxian was indeed pitiful. Lan Wangji tried to cheer him up. He took Wei Wuxian's hand and put it in front of the baby, the baby actually reach out to his finger with her little hand. This was enough to have Wei Wuxian forgive her.

"Don't be angry." Lan Wangji said.

"Hmph, I'm not."

Lan Wangji was holding the baby on his left, and an angry Wei Wuxian on his right. We can already foresee how's life after would be.

"Er Gege, have you gave her a name?" Wei Wuxian asked while lightly poking his daughter's cheeks.

"Not yet."

"I'm gonna give her a bad name."

"..."

"Demon Lan, how's that?"

"Wei Ying."

"What about Mischief Lan?"

"..."

Lan Wangji sighed. "Lan Nian, courtesy name, Yue Ying." (Lan Nian here is 蓝念, Nian here means miss. Yue Ying is 悦婴,Yue means, love, Ying was Weiying's name.)

"Hm?"

"Xin Yue Yu Ying." (love Weiying)

Wei Wuxian smiled and nodded.

"I love you too."

No matter how Yue Ying "tortured" Wei Ying during his pregnancy, she was meant to be their precious, and Wei Wuxian loves her very much. She was their daughter after all. The daughter of Yiling Patriarch and Han Guang Jun; the niece of Lan Sect leader and Jiang Sect leader; the cousin sister of Jin Sect's leader; Younger sister of the Junior Two Jades of Gusu. She had become the most important person to three of the four great Sects, and Lan QIren extremely likes his new grandniece. She was only a few months old and Lan Qiren had never given her a frown. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian had never seen him this cheerful before too.

"Lan Zhan, I've never seen uncle like this, he must really like Ah Nian."

Lan Wangji did not say anything. He continued to peel the orange and fed him. Wei Wuxian ate the orange from Lan Wangji's fingers and licked them.

"You're not happy?"

"It's not that, I am glad that he likes her, but..."

"But?"

"She's going to be spoiled."

"She won't, I'm here."

"You're spoiling her too!"

"I did not."

"Yes you did. I feel like I gave birth to a little love rival."

"She couldn't win."

"Huh?"

"I only want you."

Wei Wuxian smirked and wrapped his arms around Lan Wangji. He kissed him on the lips while Lan Qiren was not looking, he was too busy anyway.

"Er Gege, I want you tonight."