Three

Dear fans,

As you well know, I have been caught up in a –

"No!" Martha whispered furiously and back-spaced her composition. She tried again.

Hey guys, how are you doing? Happy weekend!

So this news has been going around about my –

She groaned and cleared the message. "Let's try again."

Dear followers, there are rumors circulating about me that I am yet to address. I will very soon. Just keep in mind that I love you all and I appreciate your love. Keep praying for your fav girl. Have a happy weekend!

She ended the message with a string of kissing and love emoticons.

"There." She said, satisfied. She tweeted the message and sank back in her seat. Within seconds, her phone started to chime with notifications.

That was one of the perks of being a celebrity. Whatever is posted takes seconds to gain media attention, therefore, careful planning is needed before anything is posted. It cost the media nothing to praise or drag content from celebrities and now that she was still in the throes of constant dragging through the mud, she had to be painstaking with every sentence.

Despite the fact that it had been three days since the news broke, the attention hadn't been diverted off her one bit. Instead, it had been worse than before.

She had expected a lot of support from her fans and she had gotten it but she had also gotten the trolling, which hurt very much, more than she would admit. Was it her fault? No. She was human and she was an adult. Didn't she have the right to make her own decisions?

Perhaps, she had been foolish. Dating Prince Philip had been nothing short of anguish for her as she had had to give up a lot for the relationship. It hadn't been that way at first. She had been very much in love with the prince and with the idea of being a part of the royal family. But it hadn't ended well.

Dating Philip who was a duke and the son of the cousin of the Queen was met with a lot of backlash and criticism, especially because of her lifestyle. As a person dating a prince, she was expected to dress more conservatively, wave at the crowd like a president on an inaugural parade, and smile all the time. She had loved Philip – she still did – but she had felt smothered by his family members and their demands. She had ended the relationship a year later. She told him she wanted to "find" herself.

The public breakup had been the topic of discussion for weeks and it had thrown her into yet another scandal, the first being the fact that they had been dating. When they had started dating and the news had gone viral, many had speculated that it wouldn't last while others had wished them well. That had been a scandal. The break-up had also been a scandal. It was too much to bear.

After another year of being single, she was swept off her feet by her co-star in a blockbuster movie that had shattered the box office by bringing in a whopping sum. It was unprofessional of an actor to fall in love with a co-star but she hadn't been able to help it. Neither had he.

Maybe because he kissed so well, or because their fans had shipped the relationship and had begged frantically for it to be real, Martha knew she hadn't been able to resist the gangster character she'd had to tame in the movie and in real life. That didn't turn out to be a fairytale like her last relationship either.

Her on-and-off relationship with Duncan Nail had been her fourth public relationship and had ended last month, after two years. Within those two years, they'd separated, fought, disagreed, given each other "space," until he finally proposed. His proposal had been very pubic too, and thinking of it now, strategic.