Pull Up A Stool, We'll Talk Over Cauldrons - Marauders Pt.8

Camille was still sarcastic and James was most definitely still a privileged little shit. Trying his best to keep the pair separate, Remus tended to make sure they were at completely different places at all times. However, in classes, that wasn't at all possible.

Take potions for instance, at Camille's work area of four is Sirius, Marlene and James, quite possibly the worlds worst mix. Remus was sat at a station over, biting his nails behind an already bubbling cauldron.

"Stop worrying, Remus, everything's fine so far. Anyway, I heard James plans to apologies for being such a prat, that's what Marlene said." Lily stirs her cauldrons contents, making sure to keep a steady rhythm as to not spill anything over the edge.

"What? Why would he do that?"

Lily shrugs, looks from Remus to his sister who's trying to keep as far away from James as possible. "Apparently Sirius told him to apologies, that seemed to be a good enough reason." Not that Lily understood why.

Remus' brow furrows but he doesn't do anything that may jinx the small slice of heaven that Sirius might've just delivered on a silver platter.

"I think you added too many mistletoe berries, Mar." Camille says, leaning over Marlene's cauldron to take a look at the furiously steaming liquid. On the opposite side, Sirius mirrors Camille's actions, curious as to what the wrong potion looked like.

It almost looked exactly like his, just with less bubbles.

"What does the wrong potion look like?" Asks James timidly, looking at his own potion with despair. He doesn't get an answer, so he looks up to ask again but finds Camille to be starring at him, confused as to why he's even attempting to be nice.

"Uh, well, steam is never a good sign with this sorta thing and if it smells sour you might have to restart." James groans after Camille finishes her little explanation because his potion did indeed smell the opposite of sweet. "Do you, maybe, want some help?"

It was James' turn to look surprised, "if you could."

Camille moves around the table, takes a peak inside James' cauldron. "Well, you don't have to restart, you just haven't added enough Valerian Sprigg." The witch grabs the rest of James' plant, removing the stem with the knife and adding the petals to the mix. In an instant, the potion calms. "There, all better."

"Hey, Camille, thank you." James' eyes shift towards Sirius who stares at the transaction, arms folded over his chest whilst he waits for the boys apology that he actually had to rehearse. "And, I just want to apologies for how i've treated you in the past. We've been here for just a month and I've already treated you worse then I ever should've."

"Ah, ok, well apology accepted I suppose. Don't think this makes us friends though."

James smiles slightly, "wouldn't dream of it."

Slughorn makes his rounds around the tables, taking a look at everything being brewed by children who should probably still be in a classroom but he didn't believe in teaching by books. That bored him, so it would bore young children. He frequently looks over to the student he considers to be one of his favourites as she walks around her tables cauldrons, checking them when asked for help.

"Miss Lupin, you are student and teacher I see." Slughorn comes to a stop behind Marlene who sighs into the steam floating out from the dull pot infront of her. Camille had fixed the potion the best she could but it still wouldn't come out perfect. "Strange you were placed in Slytherin and not Ravenclaw, I hear you are the top student in all of your classes."

Camille shrugs, "Ravenclaw couldn't handle me, I'm not boring enough for them."

Slughorn laughs, attempts to hide it behind a shaking of his head to not insult his Ravenclaw pupils. "Yes, well, you're an important asset to my house, dear. And, I must say, you're potion is looking perfect. Ten points to Slytherin."

"Thank you, sir." Slughorn walks over to Remus table, giving Camille a chance to breathe without thinking about it, "Ravenclaw? Not a chance in hell. Now, Sirius, did you stir that bloody potion yet."

"Mmhm, definitely." Responds the boy who quickly shoves his warped stick into the bubbles, hoping to stop the sizzling that Camille had only just stopped. "On a completely side note, I think I broke it again."