Chapter 35: Jasper

My god, Simon looked so fine. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. The outfit he had on fitted him well. I sighed quietly. I opened the car door for him, putting my hand on his back as he sat in the passenger seat. My dad had let me use his car.

"You look really good, Jasper." He said shyly, playing with his fingers. He had a small smile on his face.

"Thanks. You look good too. With your hair all tied back. It's cute." I could already sense he was blushing.

I closed the door and walked to the other side of the car, opening the door and sitting in the driver's seat. I started the car. The radio came on. I slid in a CD in the CD player and pressed play, and started driving to the school.

"Hey, this is one of the songs you recommended!" He said. He started singing the lyrics.

"I feel close.." He sang. I sung along with him.

"Well maybe I'm not, heaven knows"

"It's a spotlight stuck on the ceiling"

"Why are these the things that I'm feeling?"

We continued to sing along until the song ended. I took a left as I gripped and turned the steering wheel. We stopped at a traffic light.

"Hey, Sy?"

"Hm?"

"You're really special to me. I've never felt anything like this with anyone before. That kiss at the park, was actually my first."

He made eye contact with me.

"Really?" He asked softly.

"Yeah."

"It was my first too."

I squeezed his hand. I shifted my focus back onto the traffic light, which eventually turned green.

•••

We finally made it to the school. I drove into the front parking lot and backed up, parking.

"Ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He smiled.

I stepped out of the car and walked to the side he was sitting, opening the door. He stepped out. I took a second to admire him once again.

A cool breeze of air passed by, tickling my face.

He held my hand as we walked to the front of my school.

He's holding my hand..

We stepped inside, making a few lefts and rights. We heard music as we walked to the gym.