Part Six

Khushi was leaning back on the recliner. Her eyes were closed, while her hand was gently caressing her baby bump. It was her third month and now the bump was very much visible.

Since morning, she was having a weird feeling rising in her heart. Her every thought was drifting back to Arnav. It was two weeks since she overheard his conversation. Two weeks since she stopped talking to him. And two weeks since he started taking care of her.

Everything was a mess around her.

First, Arnav didn't wanted the baby. And now, when he is taking care of her, she found out that he no longer wants her.

"Why are you playing with my emotions, God?" She mumbled as a tear rolled down her eye. She was trying really hard to be happy so that the baby is not affected, but still Arnav and his behavior was not letting her relax.

Just as she was about to cry, the door opened and the man responsible for her misery, entered the room.

"Khushi." Arnav called out. "Are you okay?" He sat down beside her and gently caressed her cheek. Khushi closed her eyes, drowning in his touch.

"Why are you doing this, Arnavji?", words left her lips before she could stop them. A tear trickled down her cheek. She opened her eyes as she felt Arnav got still.

"Why don't you want our baby?" Khushi spoke, looking deep in Arnav's eyes. His pain visible in those chocolate eyes.

"Khush-" his voice broke as he helplessly looked at her tears running down. "Please don't cry." His eyes welled up as he cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"I am sorry" he leaned towards her and gently kissed her cheek, sucking the tear away. His own tear trickled down his stubbled cheek.

"Arnavji. You promised to stay with me all the time. Then why are you leaving me alone at such a beautiful phase of our life?" She asked trying hard to not completely break down.

"You remember you said that kuch bhi ho jaye, Arnav aur Khushi hamesha sath rahen gai?" Khushi made him look in her eyes. Arnav nodded his head, tears pooling in his chocolate orbs. "Tu phir ab kyn ap mjh se dor ja rhe hain?" Khushi placed her forehead on his, as tears cascaded down her eyes with more speed. (You remember you said that whatever happens, Arnav and Khushi will always remain together?) (Then why are you leaving me now?)

"Khush-" his voice broke. "Khushi, mein koshish kr rha hon. Mera yaqeen kro." He leaned backward and his eyes were bloodshot, trying to suppress the tears. "Mjhe thora time do Khushi. Bs thora sa." Arnav tried hard to keep his hands from trembling. (Khushi, I am trying. Trust me.) (Just give me some time, a little more)

"Nahi." Khushi pushed him away and got up from the recliner. "Ap ko hamein abhi aur isi waqt wajah batani hogi. Warna hum yahan se chale jayen gai. Ab ap decide kr len, ap ko mera sath chahiye ya nahi?" (No) (You have to tell me the reason now only. Otherwise I will leave from here. Now you decide, do you want my company or not?)

Arnav got up and held her arms, "Why are you saying like this, Khushi? Of course I need you, dammit." Khushi kept her face stern as Arnav raked his eyes on her face.

"Ap ko hum chahiyen, lekin hamare wajood ka hissa nahi?" Her eyes were burning with tears as she laid a protective hand on her belly. "Why are you doing this, Arnavji? Kya - she gulped, "Kya ap ki life mein koi aur aa gaye hai?" (You need me, but don't want a part of me?) (Has someone else entered your life?)

Arnav felt everything stop as those words left Khushi's lips. The tear he was trying to hold back, crossed the barrier of his eyelid and slid down his cheek.