Arrangements

⤷1st person pov (maggie)

i woke up to see the bright light of the sun blaring through my curtains. it blinded me for a moment before i rubbed my eyes and looked away. i recalled the events of last night and the text clay had sent me before i fell asleep. i grabbed my phone and began to get out of bed so make breakfast. on my way downstairs i noticed abi was still in bed which is perfect. i can surprise her with some food. i put my shoes on and grabbed my keys before locking the door behind me. as i passed clays door on my way out i thought i should text him back. so i did.

me
good morning !
also, date huh?

clay (hot ass neighbor)
good morning maggie
and i mean, only if you
want it to be

me
yeah, a date would
sound very nice :)

clay (hot ass neighbor)
how about you come
over tonight at 6?
i saved you some of
those cookies :)

me
ugh king yes thank
you.
see you at 6 <3

i laughed at our conversation and slid my phone back into my pocket and grabbed the food that i had ordered for me and abi. i got abi's favorite: two strawberry pancakes with a side of bacon and orange juice and i got myself the same but without bacon. i drove back home from the pancake place and woke abi up.

"good morning sleepyhead"

she groaned and began to sit up. she looked rough and exhausted.

"i got you your usual"
"thank you maggie"
"are you good? you look.... rough"
"jack and i got into an argument last night, i didn't fall asleep until like 5 am"
"already? what about?"
"just stupid shit, its not important"

i didn't answer. i get why she doesn't want to tell me. maybe it isnt that important, im not gonna pry myself in. if she wants to tell me she will.

"okay, well here you go. enjoy!"

i began to walk out of her room and stopped in my tracks. i turned around to face her and smiled, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before i began to speak.

"i have a date with clay tonight"
"clay? as in our new neighbor?"
"yes"
"shit maggie i didnt know you were ready to date boys again"
"oh come on were not dating. were just friends ya know"
"oh come on, you just said it was a date. he's totally into you and clearly you're into him to, thats so obvious dont even try to hide it"

i smiled at her and giggled for a moment before leaving her room. i walked downstairs and ate my food at our kitchen table. i wont lie, i am into him a little. hes super cute and he seems so genuine and funny. im super excited for this date.

a/n : important!
okay this is super short but i wanted to get smthing out. the next chapter should be out sometime later this week and it will contain their date + other things. can you guys lmk in the replys how you feel about smut because i dont wanna do anything that will make anyone uncomfortable :) i hope you all have a great day and make sure to drink water !!!