(floof)Sleepy sweet

Just some small floofy floof before I make you cry with my next chapter <3
~~~~~~~

Cross was currently lying on the couch tiredly. He had been reading, or rather attempting to with his lacking skill in terms of literacy. He decided it would be more worth his time to sleep while he could, being much too lazy to walk all the way upstairs to his room, much less teleport, he decided to just sleep on the couch instead. He thought he heard the front doors open as he was just about asleep, but decided to ignore it. Even as he heard a quiet voice.

"Passed out on the couch again." Nightmare mused, sounding oddly close. Cross was almost surprised as he felt night slip one of his arms around his shoulders, then under his knees, picking him up, a few tendrils curling around him protectively. Cross was confused, what was night doing? He didn't want to embarrass Nightmare, nor himself, by revealing that he was in fact still awake, but the way that Nightmare was holding him so close and carefully was embarssing. Also in part he feared Nightmare would be startled and drop him or something.

Nightmare muttered to himself a little, petting cross' cheek with his thumb rather affectionately, making the smaller's soul flutter. Cross pressed into the touch tiredly, despite being embarrassed by his actions, the silent affection was so comforting. "Adorable... I love you." Night muttered softly, cross hardly caught it he said said it so quietly. Cross caught on as night walked up the stairs, night was taking cross to his room so he could sleep.

It explained a lot. Cross quite often remembered falling asleep on the couch and then waking up in his bed... Though he figured it was just his mind playing with him... This explained it. Why did he care enough to do that anyway. Suddenly night stopped walking. "Cross, you aren't asleep, are you." Nightmare asked. Cross opened his eyes, blushing more. "Well... No." He admitted. "So... Why, didn't you say something?" He asks. "I didn't want to walk to my room. Or embarrass either of us." He mumbled.

Nightmare got flustered, setting cross down. "So, how much of that did you hear." Night huffed. "Well, you called me adorable and then said you love me. So... That." Cross said, blushing. "Did you really mean it?" Cross squeaks softly. "What? Of course I meant it." Nightmare says. "Seriously?!" Cross asks. "Yeah..." Nightmare says again.

"I love you too! Like a lot!" Cross blurts out, hiding in his scarf a little. Nightmare looks at him quite shocked, cross' fear quickly gets to him and he turns around and starts to walk away. "Where are you going?" Nightmare asks, a tentacle wrapping around his wrist and pulling him back to face the god. "Somewhere where I can cry over how incredibly stupid I am for admitting that." Cross says, ducking down into his scarf a little.

Nightmare sighs, "shut up."

The taller leans down and kisses Cross, pinning him to the wall to get down to his level easier. Cross obviously kisses back, gasping slightly through the kiss, still shocked by it. "Nhmtr!" Cross squeaks, pushing the taller away a little. "I forgot how to breathe-" Cross huffs, panting. Nightmare laughs, kissing cross' cheek. "You really are adorable." He smiles. "You can't just kiss me!" Cross huffs, blushing furiously.

"Oh but I can crossy." He smiles, kissing cross' nose. Cross' soul melts at the antic. "Ok, maybe you can... B- But at least warn me, I didn't breathe first!" Cross squeaks. "Ok, well breathe." Nightmare says, cross looks confused, but takes a breath anyway, earning another kiss from the taller skeleton. Cross' soul fluttered as he kissed back, trying to remind himself he could breathe through his nose. Nightmare pulled away, smirking like a cocky idiot. "I think I'm gonna pass out if you do that again." Cross mutters, feeling faint with the way his soul was beating.

The smaller blinks out of his little trance, blushing brightly, "Stop it you handsome idiot!" Cross huffs, pouting at him. "Ok, ok, but before I let you go, do you want this to be any more than a confession yet?" Night asks.

"Yes. Absolutely." Cross agrees. "Do you want to start a relationship?" Nightmare asks smoothly. "Mhm!" Cross smiles, blushing like a fool. "Alright you get some rest... We can talk about this tomorrow morning." Nightmare says, pecking Cross' cheek. "I love you" he whispers quickly, walking down the hall opposite to the one cross would go down.

Cross' soul was still beating quickly in his chest, the God's words repeating in his mind. "I love you" he said he loved me, to me... Nightmare... What the hell just happened...

~~~~~~~~

Love you, attain appropriate human sustenance and plenty of water have a wonderful day this is it for my time with you for now,

- Arca