(sad,floof)Nightmares

Some sadness and then floof for you<3

I hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~

Cross ran, so caught up in the moment he didn't even know what he was running from or where he was, he was in the castle... Maybe the east wing, but that meant-

as he turned the corner his soul dropped. A dead end.

He ran as far as he could until he was backed against a wall, now trembling and sobbing, slowly slipping down the wall as his legs collapsed underneath him. The sight of his king standing over him only prompted more sobs, he couldn't move, nor properly speak. "P- P- Please... *hic* d- Don't-" Cross' speaking was interrupted as he was forced firmly against the wall, one of the king's tendrills choking him. He hardly even took note to the fact that it was Nightmare of all people, hurting him like this. He was afraid, terrified... And Nightmare broke his promise. He hurt him again... Possibly for the last time. As that sunk in it only hurt cross more.

He would have fought back, but even If it was nightmare killing him... He was still in love, and nothing could stop that. Even if night were to kill him, cross wouldn't, and couldn't bear the thought of fighting back...

"I... Don't... W- Want to.... hurt... you" cross cried weakly. The king's stare burned into his eyes, cold and unloving. "You should have known far too long ago, I can't feel." He spoke coldly, a sharp, crushing pain was felt as his soul was shattered, his final breath being taken as a sigh of betrayal.

Cross jumped up, screaming, bursting into tears. Then crawling over to a corner with a pillow and bawling his eyes out. Nightmare wasn't with him, cross was in his own room... Normally he slept with Nightmare, night always kept him safe... always held him and waited for him to feel better, but they had a small argument earlier that evening and we're still mad at each other a little... Though they both wanted to fix things, even if it was stupid and little. It was the middle of the night, so everyone should have been asleep, but...

Suddenly someone ran into the room, nightmare. Cross still believed he'd actually hurt him, he'd just managed to survive. He couldn't think right but with the sudden wake up and the pitiful sobbing. He backed himself further into the corner, crying harder.

"Cross..." He said softly. "N- No! PLEASE! please... Please... Don't..." He broke into such hefty sobs he couldn't speak anymore.

"It was a bad dream, you're ok, I'm right here... Do you want me to hold you? You're ok, you're safe... I'm not gonna let anything hurt you." Night asked softly, even switching to his smaller form to display his open weakness. Cross jumped forward, grabbing Night and holding onto him like life support, sobbing uncontrollably. Nightmare was patient with him, stroking his back comfortingly and whispering sweet nothings. Sitting down in the closed off corner with cross in his lap, still holding him close and careful.

After cross had calmed down mostly, "was it about me again?" He asked softly. Cross just nodded, sniffling and sad. "I'd never hurt you, you're always safe with me... Always... I will always protect you... My perfect little crossy." He mumbles, Nightmare understood completely when cross had bad dreams about him, he was never offended. He did do some terrible things, and he regretted that. As much as he wished he'd never Been as terrible as he was, he couldn't take that back, so he'd give cross as much time as it took to fully trust him.

Cross held him closer, hardly moving at all, though he was holding on so tight night knew he was still awake. He just ran his hand up and down his back, leaving light little kisses on his skull. Cross turned a little to look at him, kissing his cheek. "I'm sorry..." Cross mumbled. "Oh button, I'm sorry too... That was a stupid thing to fight over, you were right... I love you." Nightmare sighed, holding cross close to his chest.

Cross squirmed a little, so Nightmare let go of him, thinking he was holding on too tight or something like that, but cross leaned up and kissed him sweetly, just a little kiss, a silent 'its ok.'

Nightmare smiled, booping cross' little skele- nose. Cross laughed a little, smiling happily. "I love you." Cross squeaked quietly. "I love you too." Night smiled, holding cross' hands and petting them with his thumbs. Cross smiled, he was much happier.... He felt so safe with night he couldn't help smiling. The other always made him feel safe.

"Can't I stay with you..."cross asked softly, holding onto Nightmare more, frowning a little bit as he remembered how stupid he acted that evening during their little fight.

"Cross of course... I never should have left you alone in here in the first place it was a stupid little thing to argue about." Night said softly, petting cross' cheek. "Does that mean you forgive me..." Cross asks softly. Nightmare chuckles, his hands sliding down to cross' waist and holding him close "of course I forgive you crossy..." Nightmare smiled. Cross immediately leaned up and kissed him, night didn't at all expect it, but melted into it nonetheless kissing him passionately.

They both stayed that way for a while, tongues twining happily, cross' arms wrapped around the back of his neck, Nightmare's hand's holding cross' waist close to his own. They pulled away a little, panting softly. "I love you..." Cross said softly. Nightmare booped his nose, smiling. "I love you too." He said softly, now petting cross' cheek with his thumb.

~~~~~~~~~~

Love you attain an appropriate amount of human sustenance and water and have a wonderful day this is it for my time with you today, it's been lovely, I hope you enjoyed!

-Arca