1(3) : A Notoriety

She didn’t expect that this man could tell all the information about a little bodyguard. She was stunned for a moment, and then she could only say, “In fact, Zhang Xingying and I are brother and sister. We… “She looked like she had a fish stuck in her throat*, but he pretended not to notice, and waited for her to continue to make up the following words.

(too embarassed or shy to talk/ difficult to express)

She knew that this man had already understood everything, but now she was on the verge of an attack. She could only immediately replace the central idea of her lies and quickly replace the relationship between cousin and sister with an ambiguous relationship. With a hesitant look on her face, she said, “I have a good relationship with Zhang Xingying. Since I was a child, I like playing polo and dressing up as a man. I was afraid that he will be punished by military law, so I wanted to replace him and come here because his stomach is upset. So, I robbed his horse, but he could not catch up with me. That’s it.”

“Then, when you left for the palace, why didn’t you choose to speak these words to the team leader, and made a choice that would put both you and Zhang Xingying in a more serious situation — hide in my carriage?” He used the slender fingers to tap on the table, and the slow rise and fall of the fingertips seemed to hit her in the heart, and she began to have an ominous premonition.

Sure enough, he sneered and mercilessly exposed her words: “Therefore, you must cover up one thing, which is more serious than you pretending to be one of my guards, or even more serious than being executed on the spot as an assassin.”

She was silent, and the situation was better than others. She had been taking risks, but now she was caught. She had no choice but to wait for his judgment.

“A woman in the suburbs in the early morning, wearing men’s clothes which still have traces of your journey on the road in the rain. I think no one would believe that you and Zhang Xingying had not planned and colluded this in advance.”

He looked at her; her head lowered and speechless, only her thick black eyelashes were trembling slightly, resisting her stubborn appearance. He couldn’t help but sneer, and said, “Hold out your left hand.”

She bit her lower lip, held her palm of her left hand up, and slowly stretched it out.

“Everyone’s hands record everything they have done in their life so far. Other things can be hidden, but your hands can’t be hidden.” He lowered his eyes and looked at her palm, and on the corners of his lips finally appeared a faint smile, “Your hand tells me that you have a good background and have been smart since childhood. There was a change in your life at the age of thirteen. You left Chang’an and went to Shu*Di (Sichuan). Am I right?”

She looked up at him, trying to calm her voice: “Yes.”

“There you met the person you like. As can be seen from your palm prints, you are cold-hearted and resolute. Therefore, you could completely slaughter the family members for love. As for the technique…”

He curled his lips at her and said coldly: “Kill by poison.”

As if a needle pierced them, her eyelashes jumped suddenly, and her hidden identity was suddenly revealed. She subconsciously folded her fingers, as if to hide a nightmare. She put her hand on her chest, staring at the person in front of her.

The person in front of her gazed at her, on his countenance was a kind of happy expression of seeing the prey throw itself into the net: “So, your name is Huang Zixia.”

She looked down at her palmprint, and her initial shock gradually subsided. She put down her palm, retracted her sleeve, and whispered, “No

“Which one is wrong?” He asked faintly, “Life experience, murder, or your identity?”