𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨

The first collision between the wall and my head makes me grunt, but it only goes downhill from there. My back collapses against the slide and I can feel myself moving downward, headfirst, away from the light and away from the door. A guttural scream escapes my lungs as I glide faster, my body scraping against the rough walls the further I go. I'm falling fast. Too fast. I let out another yell and scratch at the walls only to be thrown into the air, and my stomach does a flip before I feel myself connecting with something solid once again.

It takes me a few moments to realize that I've rolled across the ground, and that I'm now staring at... wait, what am I staring at? Is this a ceiling? It's too dark in here, I can't tell. There are only a few lightbulbs, and they're not helping. Where's my phone? I sit up, groaning and pressing a hand to my head. Shoot. I must've cut it on the wall or something. What was that anyway? And who pushed me? I take my hand away from my forehead, and my heart stops when I see what's on it. Blood.

I carefully lift my finger back to where my head hurts, but sure enough I can feel it. There's blood. It's dripping from my cut.

Muttering a few choice words to myself I stand up, surveying the dark room. At least I made it downstairs. But I don't know what I was really expecting to find here. This place looks like all the other ancient rooms I've seen in this place, just, bigger. And darker. There are a few chairs here and there along with a large table and a mirror to my side, and then there's a bunch of paintings hanging on all the walls. They're portraits of people, all of them sitting in a rigid posture. All of them... seemingly staring at me.

I shudder and tug at my hair, walking toward the wall closest to me. There's an open door in the middle of the wall that reveals the slide I came from, but I don't go near it. Someone, or something, pushed me down those stairs. There had been no one behind me, but I know what I felt. I guess it could've been one of the others, if they were somehow silent and fast enough, but I don't care if it was them or... something else. I'm not gonna go back.

"Coral..." I whirl around, throwing out my hands at the same time the door slams. Wait. I nearly crack my neck when I rotate back around, stumbling backward when I see that the door has closed. The door has closed. What-

"Coral..." I steady myself on the chair closest to me, slowly sitting down on it. I know this voice. "... why didn't you come?"

"What?" I stand up again, pushing away from the chair and moving to the center of the room.

"Why didn't you come for me?" I cover my hand with my mouth, swiveling to focus on the large mirror that takes up the wall to my side. Why can I hear... Tyler? I tilt my head when I notice that the mirror isn't right, and without thinking I take a few steps towards it. I can see myself, and I can see the rest of the room, but something is different. I'm different.

I find myself lifting a hand to my face once again when I feel a tear slipping down my cheek, but I ignore it as I study my features. My hair is supposed to be colored a bright pink, but in this mirror all I can see is a dull gray. It makes me look like nothing more than a shell of a person, the light in my eyes gone and the expression on my face unmoving. Seeing myself like this... it suddenly makes me feel very cold. Or have I always felt this way? Ever since, well, ever since...

I watch as more tears stream down my face, but I can't do anything about it. I feel as if I'm frozen, as if my limbs are too heavy and I'm too weak to move myself. Why am I here? Why am I... still alive? I shouldn't be. I'm not good enough. I don't deserve to be good enough, to be loved ever again. Not when, not when Tyler and Deja are gone. The two people I loved the most in the world. They're gone. And... it really might be my fault. There was the driver. My "friends." But I was involved too. I didn't show up. I didn't keep my promise. And now I'm here.