4. The One Where They're Recognized

Ooh, whaddup? It's ya girl, Amy, who gets bored sometimes!

I went back to my fan account after so many months and put up some stuff. Go check it out @shourtney.longknee! Unfortunately, I don't know if I can keep up posting there, but I hope I can make something for the account every week and upload it.

Also, sorry for the long delay! If you read my announcements on my message board, I said there why. Thank you guys for 400+ reads just on the fourth chapter! I love that you're enjoying it so far.

Anyway, erhem! Let's begin, shall we? Shayne's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

Here comes the choo-choo train, and Captain Mark Emmanuel Davis calls you aboard!

We invite you to Markie's 5th Birthday Party this April 28th, 2021 at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Venue:
Endure Hall, Celebrations Building, Adriatic Avenue, Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA

Attire:
White and denim

Purpose for booking: Hi! We're Becca and Chloe, and we saw you guys at Jace and Emma's wedding. Emma's our college roommate, and she told us about how you two saved the day. We're still hunting down Eunice and Tyler, just so you guys know, and we're not gonna get them away! As for the newlyweds, they're doing pretty good! Happy, even though they lost a ton of money. We've always loved Jace for Emma, because he would always put her on top of his priorities. Well, she is his priority, so she's basically on top of herself.

But anyway, our son, Markie, is having his fifth birthday party on the 28th, and we were wondering if you could attend the party as guests. It's not much of a big deal, but we had spare slots and we paid for those slots. Unfortunately, a couple of our really important guests (our bosses) declined the invitation, so there's that. We're really hoping to see you there! <3 Chloe and Becks

-/-/-

Children's birthday parties. Not exactly fond of them, but the funny part of this is that this is where families usually try to show off by bringing something fancy over or giving the celebrant some expensive gift. Me and Courtney? Well, we're still looking for a kid in this age would appreciate.

"Do five-year-olds already play the Switch?" Courtney mumbles as we awkwardly walk around the toy store. "Well, they don't have enough money to buy one, but still. I played the Game Boy Color at an early age, so now I'm kinda confused...?"

"Maybe we can just find a pretty, I dunno, okay stuffed toy?" I reply, shrugging. "Maybe you can ask a mom. Or a salesperson. Or a baby."

"Babies don't have the answer to our questions, Shayne."

"Talk to me again when I take a baby from its stroller and show it a bunch of stuff before taking note on the items it happily reacted to."

"Did you just... call the baby... an it?"

"I did, but that's because it hasn't told me its pronouns yet. I wanna be polite to the baby, Courtney."

Today's event, which is actually our second booking, was a five-year-old's birthday party. Probably a couple of days after Jace and Emma's wedding, these two moms named Becca and Chloe, who were present at the said wedding, hired us for this party. We met up with them last weekend, and they told us about the party.

"So Markie, our baby, loves trains," Becca, or Becks, or Becky, but her name is Rebecca, explains. "The theme is just trains and all that."

"Well, that's just delightful," Courtney said, drinking a cup of coffee. "Anything we can do aside from being guests?"