6. The One Where They Speak Now

Hey, you guys!

Thank you so much for 700+ reads on this book! That's freaking awesome, and so are you guys.

Also, congrats on Trump's loss, my American friends! I hope it lasts for a long time honestly, especially because I manifested it on the first chapter of this book. Coincidence? Nah, it was meant to happen. Keep it up, y'all!

Anyway, let's start, shall we? Shayne's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

No more teardrops on her guitar.
No more blank spaces and wildest dreams.
No more mirrorballs and pictures to burn.

Just the fearless Nathan and the gorgeous Charlotte writing an enchanted love story sweeter than fiction on May 30th, 2021, at two in the afternoon.

Attire: Semi-formal
Colors: Shades of red
Venue: The Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, CA

We hope to see you there! Especially if you're Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn reading this.

Purpose for booking: Hi! Heard about you from a friend of a friend, and we wanted to hire you guys because you have some resemblance to Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn. Just a little bit, and we'd like you to be there just for the fun of it! Our request though is that you dress up a little like them. That would be super cute. Thanks again and we hope to see you there! -N&C

-/-/-

If Courtney felt all of that, then I wouldn't be mistaken at all. Something was different between us that night. I just know, but if she doesn't... then I don't know what to do about that.

"This one's a weird one," Tommy greets me as he walks up to me in the middle of the set. We had decided that the best way to hide our business from everyone else was to hide it in plain sight, and so whenever we didn't have our mics on, we'd be talking about this. "Two people sent in the same event, but for totally different reasons."

"No shit?" I ask, reading from his laptop. "A Taylor Swift-themed wedding? Sounds like a blast."

"Do you listen to Taylor Swift?"

"Pfft, please..."

"Shayne."

"Tommy."

"Are you a Swiftie?"

"No!" I exclaim defensively, crossing my arms. "I mean, some of her songs are catchy, and I've gone to one of her concerts with Shelby and a couple more of friends. And I heard that she and Joe Alwyn have plans to get married, which makes me super happy for her. And I think her best album is Red."

"You must be excited for this."

"Very."

"Anyway," Tommy continues, scrolling down to show me the requests, "look. The first sender was the couple themselves, Nathan and Charlotte. The second sender was the groom's brother, Elijah. And if you read what's on Elijah's request..."

Purpose for booking: Hello there. I'm Elijah Lockwood, almost like the actor, right? Anyway, my brother's getting married, and I have a special request for you two, but I would only reveal it if we were to have a special meeting prior to the wedding. I hope you respond soon. Thank you very much and stay safe. - Elijah L.W.

"Uh oh, that sounds like trouble," I mumble, rubbing my chin. "I don't think Courtney would agree to that, but maybe we can book a meeting with this guy and ask what his plans are. Too shady though."