Chapter 22

Waking up next to love of his life with sun reflecting in his golden locks, feeling the warmth of his body on his own as he felt his soft breaths on his neck, that was something Techno would get used to pretty quickly. And for the first time in his life, he wasn't ashamed to admit it to himself. He was in love.

He run his hands through his lover's hair, feeling him purr into his chest even in his sleep. He smiled to himself, letting his hand wander to Dream's neck and back, scratching him lightly as he wanted to see his cute reactions. Blonde just continued to purr happily, feeling that he's slowly waking up.

„Good morning." Techno greeted him, pushing Dream's hair off his face so he could admire his beauty more.

„Good morning handsome," Dream smile dat him, looking at him with those big green eyes that made his partner weak everytime he looked into them. „Did you sleep well?"

„Of course I did," taller man positioned himself so he could have a better view. „I never slept better, actually. And it's because of you."

„Sweet talker." Dream pinched his nose, giggling softly. „What is with your voice? It got all raspy and deep from all the sudden."

„It wasn't deep before?" Techno felt almost offended by that.

„It was, it's just... even deeper now." Blonde man looked at his lover with blush on his cheeks. „Say something."

„What would you like to hear Dream?" Techno tried to pull out his deepest voice on him, seeing wide smile appear on blonde's face.

„A-Anything, really." He responded, laying his chin on his chest as he listened to his lover ramble about sweet nothings, feeling the lover flow though his veins. When Techno finished his talking, he earned a little kiss on his cheek as Dream grabbed his hand, intertwining his fingers with his own.

„Ever noticed how big your hand is compared to mine?"

„God, you are such a bottom." Techno laughed as Dream rolled his eyes with smile on his face.

Blonde's cheeks went red in instant. „You are just making stuff up."

„Oh darling, I can't be more right." Techno smiled at him, slowly rising up from their bed as he started changing into his everyday clothes.

He saw Dream rise up from the bed as well, putting on his green hoodie as he looked out of the window. They had the best view over the city, with big castle towering over it like some villain, holding it hostage under the promise of fear.

„...Techno?"

„Yes Dream?"

„How did the castle look before?" he asked him, still looking out of the window like there was some invisible power making him stay on the spot.

„Wilbur used to tell me about this city when we were kids... I always dreamed of seeing it in person and now that I am here, it's gone..."

Pink haired man went silent for a moment before walking up to him, sighing as he put his hand around his waist.

„It used to have white walls, decorated with golden lines and marble gargoyles on the roof. We also had colorful flags flying around every weekend or festival. The garden was always filled with flowers and statues. My mother made a little flower bed for each member of our family, planting new rose on it on each birthday." He paused for a moment. „My sister's flower bed had only eight roses on it."

„...oh love." Dream hugged him, burying his head into his chest. „I know it's hard..."

Techno just nodded, not daring to speak until he suppresses the cries that were trying to get out. He hugged his boyfriend, running his hands along back as he tried to calm himself down. „It's okay. I will soon kill that fucker, and I will make it painful."