55. Things I should do

Hwan scolds, "I told you not to go near me. I have too many enemies."

His eyes scan around them. No one could be seen. It doesn't mean they are safe here.

"I just don't understand. Why you are targeted?"

Hwan sighs. Hyerin keeps showing up anywhere he goes. It has been a week now. He usually kills other stalkers. He couldn't harm or kill her.

He warns, "I don't want you to get hurt. It's better you stay away from me."

Hyerin blocks his path. They are in a small alley. He has chosen this route to avoid her. She still found out about it.

Hyerin folds his hands.

She mocks, "You aren't going anywhere until you explain everything to me."

Hwan sighs and he rubs his head. He really hates to explain it to her.

Hyerin says, "I'm still waiting."

"Have you ever heard of Shadow Moon?"

"Who doesn't? They do all the nasty things."

"Well, I'm the leader."

Hyerin's eyes are widened in her shock.

Hwan adds, "Assassinations. Evil gossips. Robberies. Thievery. Nothing couldn't be done in our scope of organization."

"How could you?"

"We shall do anything to keep our country safe. Anything to eliminate the enemies of Dongbuk Empire."

Hyerin asks, "Aren't you just a playboy prince?"

"Red Rose Inn used to be our HQ. Not anymore."

Hyerin is silent. The info is too hard to process. It looks like he is speaking the truth. He is just a prince. It doesn't make sense when people keep trying to claim his life like that.

Hwan walks pass her. Hyerin turns around to see his back.

In another alley, one of Jennie's old maid reports, "I've relayed Young Master's route to her everyday. She has been tailing him like a hound from Hell."

Lee Ji Eun smiles.

She comments, "At least she isn't a dimwit. Let's see if she's brave enough to match with Hwan."

*****

Hwan looks around. No sign of Hyerin. It has been three days. She has stopped following him. He sighs. There is a glimpse of hope she would be too stubborn to stop stalking him.

"A smart woman would quit."

He just said those comments when a subordinate comes. A new trainee is following closely behind him.

Hwan asks, "What's her specialty?"

"Stalking, Master."

The new agent smiles too brightly to him. Hwan squints his eyes. Hyerin has the nerve to join Shadow Moon organization.

He threatens, "I told you about our job description. Yet you still come here."

"For my country. I have nothing to loose."

Hwan knows his mother must be behind this. He never approved to recruit her. He looks around them. His gaze has seen a woman in a balcony of a nearby building.

Lee Ji Eun smiles when she nods her head.

Hwan only says, "Tch, fine. Don't cry like a baby later. Training isn't like a walk in a park."