six ━━ a knight in dark armor

CHAPTER SIX: a knight in dark armor

━━━━━━━━

❛ who are 𝙮𝙤𝙪? ❜

     DEATHSTROKE AGREED ON Venezuela easier than she anticipated. Within a day he showed up at the place they were crashing in with two phones, a contract they had to sign, and a verbal confirmation that they were heading for the place that Jason had planned on going to since the beginning. The mercenary explained that he had some contacts in the country that owned him. No doubt that meant that he already had a way to assemble their army, which was a relief because she was not sure how they were going to gather up people to join their cause, when none of the people in Venezuela would know who they were. But if Deathstroke had already made an appearance, they were practically guaranteed a solid army.

     Valerie was worried though. The army was not the part that worried her the most. The money was not the issue either, not anymore at least. Her main concern was their plan as a whole. When she spoke to both Scarecrow and Slade, convincing them to support their idea, it was easy and she felt confident in her words, mostly. Batman would have trouble taking them down yes, but it did not change the fact that they had no back-up plan if he defeated them. She was not about to spend the rest of her years in Arkham, in a cell next to a supervillain. Jason was sure that they would win. She could not share the same sentiment. This was Batman they were talking about. The man was unkillable and unbeatable. He was experienced and even in his starting years, he destroyed Slade, who had many years of fighting experience on him. It was worrisome.

     She trusted Jason though, completely and entirely. He wanted this and so she would give it to him. But she wanted it just as much, she couldn't lie about that. For the last few months, after she realized Selina was never coming back for her, all she could think about was ripping her apart until her hands were stained with blood and her mind was finally quiet. Selina's death would make all of the nightmares go away, it would, she knew it would. Seeing her lifeless eyes, knowing that her heart was no longer beating and that her lungs had stopped giving her air to breathe, would release Valerie from the cycle of torment and suffering Joker started.