𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

❧ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

The three friends chat for hours, catching up with everything that's happened.

"Wow Emma, that's quite fascinating." Norman chuckles as he gives her a light smile.

"Yes! I was not expecting things to get this way! We met so many new friends and learned some many new things-..."
Emma continues to ramble about their journey, unaware of the tension between Ray and Norman.

( Ray's awfully quiet. I don't get his problem... Shouldn't he be glad to see us getting along? ) Norman thought to himself as he stares at Ray

Ray ignores him completely, his entire gaze is put on Emma.

( Could he still be mad about things? Yeah, that might be it )

"Hey Emma, would you mind if me and Ray have a little chat together?" Norman interrupts.

"Oh... of course not! I'll let you two have a moment." Emma walks away, confused to why Norman would want to talk to Ray privately.

Emma's curiosity always got the best of her, but she had to understand that it was their time alone. Still, she couldn't help but eavesdrop.

While Ray and Norman were distracted, she crouches under a nearby table. Not too close to see what was going on, but close enough to listen.

(They wouldn't mind... right? We are best friends after all.)

"Sup. Did you need something?" Ray pulls out a chair and sits in front of Norman's desk.

"Is something wrong? You don't seem too glad to see me."

"Oh. You're just seeing things buddy, I'm glad to see you."

(This is what they wanted to talk about? That's nothing bad...) Emma thought.

"How's Emma doing? I'm glad to see her in one piece. She's growing a lot..."

"Emma? Oh. That's what this is about." Ray kicked back, crossing his arms.

"She's fine. A bit of a hassle if I do say so myself, but she's still our little Emma."

"Little?" Norman lets out a light chuckle. "She's practically an adult now. Gorgeous, courageous, intelligent..." he gets lost in his thoughts.

"You've grown quite a bit too. Puberty really decided to hit you." Ray interrupted, changing the subject.

"I definitely have, and so have you! You and Emma have really changed."

"Ray, we've been friends for all of our life. We were raised together, like siblings."

Ray nods, unsure where the conversation is going.

"Emma, she's been there for all our life. We both love her dearly, but I've grown feelings for her." Norman pauses.

"You've been there with her more than I have now. So how do you think I should approach her?"

"What? This is all of a sudden Norman."

"I know... but I've been meaning to tell her for years. I can't let myself lose her again."

Emma's face turns brighter than rose. She was not expecting that at all.

(Norman... likes me? Was I that oblivious...? No he wouldn't like me-

/ BAM /

Lost in thought, Emma slams her head on the table

"Owww." she rubs her head in pain

Looking up, she sees Norman and Ray staring at her surprised.

"Emma? You were eavesdropping us!"

Norman turns around flustered, shaking his head.

"I should've known. Tsk tsk, Emma" Ray sighs, grinning a crooked smile. "The cat's out of the bag now Norman."

"Norman it's fine! It's not a big deal, don't feel so embarrassed... I-I'm sorry!" Emma rambles, embarrassed for getting caught.

"It's... fine. I was going to tell you eventually." Norman turns back around, calm as usual.

"Let's talk about it later Emma, I have some important projects to discuss about."

"Yeah, later."

-ˋ₊˚.