The (Not SO) Complex Process & The Boring Rules

This chapter may be a little longer, but do not go away just because eof that! We promise that even if longer, this isn't difficult to understand. It's pretty simple, even!

The Process

  So first of all, let's see how this is going to work, okay?

  As we said already, one of our main concerns was to avoid the unfairness that naturally results from splitting a category in two groups and giving each group to a different judge. Therefore, This Bookish Awards will have only one judge - me. If you don't know who I am, I'm iamrachelstone.

  The competition will be divided in two rounds.

  In the first round, I will read the first 5 chapters of your book and the blurb. The only thing I'll worry about is the hook. How hooked can you make me to your story in onky 5 chapters and a blurb?

  To pass to the next round, you need to score at least 10 points.

  In the second round, I will read your whole story. And now you must be wondering if you read well. You did. I'll read the entire story. Do keep in mind, though, that when I say entire story I mean all the chapters you have published in the moment you fill the form. If you say you have 25 chapters published in the form and when I start reading your story you have 30, I won't read the 30 chapters, I will only read 25.

  Now about the categories. Each category will have a limit of 15 entries. Along with the "normal" categories, like romance or fantasy, we have also special categories. But that's not enough for us. If we are going to do this, we are going big! We will also have what we call a "Readers' Choice" category. And what is that? Well, as the title says it's the readers' choice. ;P No, but seriously. The Readers' Choice is a category where it's you who will choose the winner. Anyone who wants can vote in their favorite story. The story that gets more votes will win.

  You can find all the categories in the next chapter (which has the incredibly original name "Categories").

  The last thing we need to refer is time limits. As long as there's empty spots, you are free to enter your story. No time limit here. And as soon as all the spots of a category are full I will start judging. The results, though, won't be out until 2021. After all, this is the This Bookish Awards 2021! That goes for both normal, special and people's choice categories. Special categories like best cover won't be judge until the very beginning the 2021, even if they are full. That means that if you enter now with one cover and then change it before 2021, it's your new cover that I'll judge. The Readers' Choice category will only start in January 2021 and will last until all the other categories have their results.

  And that's it! I think there's nothing else to refer. If you have any doubt, though, feel free to ask! :)

RULES

  Rules. Boring as hell, but for sure something necessary. And these are pretty easy to follow, I promise!

1. Follow this account (BooksLoversCommunity) and iamrachelstone.

2. Add this book to a public reading list. We advise you to add it to your private library as well.

3. Give us a shoutout.

4. Your stories must be in English.

5. Your story must have at least 5 chapters .

6. You are allowed to enter 2 stories in regular categories and 2 stories in special categories. They can not enter in the same category, though.

7. You can only enter one story in the Readers' Choice category.

8. Inform us if you change your username or book title.

9. Fanfiction is not allowed.