Chapter 2

He wasn't sure how long he had been carried. An hour? Two? It didn't matter. Blue eyes stared straight ahead of him, his body trembling against the chest of the older person holding him. Silent tears rolled down his cheeks to create lines of pinkish skin peeking out from the drying blood. This can't be happening . Riddle couldn't even bring himself to cry out. She's not dead.

But she was, and he knew that. He hadn't been able to do anything to save his mother and even now he couldn't do anything to save himself. I should scream . He'd think to himself. No, he'd just kill whoever came to help me . This boy was fast. He was cruel. I should try to hit him and hope he'll drop me. But the child was still tied up and it'd simply make him angrier. There was truly nothing to save the Rosehearts family.

They'd finally come to a small home that was old and definitely showed signs of wear and tear over the years. The sound of his captor's shoes on the wooden floor knocked him out of his trance and his gaze moved to examine his new surroundings. It was rather bare, with clothes strewn over the lone couch in the living room. Had it not been for that mess, he probably wouldn't have assumed anyone lived here.

The demon kicked a door open, revealing an even more bare room that he set Riddle down in. "Welcome home~!" He cheered, as if he had adopted a puppy instead of having kidnapped a child after murdering his mother. Riddle didn't say anything in return, he just sat there, legs and feet bound, staring up at the tall person before him. The teal haired boy's lips curled into a smile and he leaned down slightly to be on a slightly more even level with him. "You were such a good boy on the walk here, I'm going to give you a reward!"

He knelt down next to Riddle, who scrambled away awkwardly due to the bindings on his legs until his back hit a wall. Mismatched eyes watched the child with a sick sense of amusement, though that gaze moved above him, which sent shivers up his spine. The demon stood to move once more, this time grabbing the redhead's calf firmly with one hand to keep him still while the other moved to untie the bloodied fabric around his legs. "There~" He stood up once more, moving towards the door. However, he stopped with a hand on the doorknob and glanced back towards Riddle, the amused smile on his lips growing to show the sharpened teeth that had killed his mother. "Now be a good boy, alright?"

Then, the sound of a lock sliding into place.

Riddle stood up quickly, moving to put an ear on the door to listen to the other's movements. Footsteps could be heard going further away, then the sound of the door in the direction they had come from opening and closing once more. His heart beat heavily inside of his chest and he glanced around the room, blue-grey eyes finally focusing on what the demon had been staring at above him. His bottom lip quivered as he took in the dark red that stained the off-white walls. The child fell to his knees, already imagining him in the same position as whoever that had been--slumped on the floor, the teenager's fangs digging into flesh while his blood added decoration to the otherwise bland home.

I have to get out of here . But there were no windows. His eyes moved towards the two doors in the room and he opted for the one closest to him. A closet. A filled closet with clothes that were bigger than him, but far too small to be those of his captor. Once again, his gaze moved towards the bloodstained wall, but he fought the haunting sensation off to search anything propped against the wall that could be used as a weapon. Nothing. Riddle rushed towards the other door, revealing a bathroom. Once again, nothing that would be helpful.

It was obvious that his captor was smart, but that that didn't deter him. The redhead moved to the door once more, trying to pull at the doorknob to force it open to no avail. Then, he was running into the door with his shoulder, but all that managed to do was bruise him. Finally, the young boy stumbled backwards, falling to his knees in the middle of the bare bedroom. "Mama..." He whimpered, chest heaving as his body suddenly began seeming far too heavy for him. "Mama, I wanna go home ." But there was no reply. The boy sat in the darkness alone, tears spilling down his cheeks, until he finally decided to lay down and cry until he fell asleep.