Part 2 // W-what?

Hawks POV

Going on patrol without anything that happens? Boring. I was almost done with my afternoon patrol and it was crowded. Everybody was going home from work, kids where done with school, people where doing grocery's and there was a kid walking all by himself.
"Wait what?! What is he doing all alone?"
I walked to the kid and asked him what he was doing alone.

"W-well I'm going home a-and I'm ... uhh.... well yeah... I uhhh-" "you got lost didn't you?" I asked him.  He nodes slightly and started to cry.
"Hey now, come come, I'll bring you home, okay?" He looked up at me and smiled.
"Okay!" I picked the kid up and asked where he lived.
"Uhm... well I live at a playground with lots of apartments. They are really expensive. My sister works really hard for me." He beamed. I knew that he meant the apartments at the south side of the city. They are indeed expensive.
"Okay little guy, let's get you home." I smiled at him and spread my wings.
"Hold on tight." I held him close to me so he wouldn't fall and shot up in the sky.

After 5 minutes of searching for the apartments I dropped him off. He told me that he lived at the 5th floor. He was quiet the whole time and I kinda thought it was awkward. "So what where you doing all alone up there?" I asked him. He looked at me with wide eyes and poutted a little, looking away. "W-well, I was waiting for my big sis. But there where 2 boys who told me that I was weak that I needed to wait for my big sis."
"And you told them that you weren't? So you proved that by going home yourself?" He pouted again and nodded. "Yeah. But how did you know all that?!" He asked me. "Well, being a pro hero is hard but with good training you can guess or even know situations." He looked at me with sparkles in his eyes. "WOOOW, that's so cool. I wanna do that to." I chuckled and told him that he can maybe do that to one day.

"So what's your quirk?" I asked him.
"I don't remember the name of it, but I can move objects, people AND myself with my mind." I was shocked that he had such a powerful quirk. "Wow, that's a strong quirk. With that you can become a hero one day, and that's for sure." He smiled at me. "Well but I don't have full control over it. But my big sis has control over her quirk so it's super cool when she uses it."  He seemed so happy talking about her sister. "Guess she's important to him." I thought to myself.

"Is your sister home?" I asked him.
"No she was supposed to get me but she was late. She's probably searching for me now." He looked sad at the floor. "Don't worry kid, she'll be here any second." I gestured him. I heard footsteps coming from the street and turned my head to see a girl panting and looking straight in my eyes.
"H-Hawks?!"
"Hey there, guess you lost something." I looked her in the eyes. She stood there frozen until she ran towards the little kid.

Y/n POV

I ran towards Akira and hugged him. I pushed him back and checked his arms, legs, head, etc. to see if he had any bruises or cuts. I let out a sigh of relief and raised my voice at him. "How could you be so stupid Akira!! I was worried sick! Why did you do that?!" I saw the tears forming in his eyes and I felt the building shaking. I hugged him immediately and apologised to him. "I'm sorry Akira. Calm down okay? Please, I'm sorry for yelling at you." The building stopped shaking and I wiped the tears away from his face and lifted him up. "I'm sorry Hawks for the trouble. And thank you so much."

"It's no problem, just a heroes job." He waved his hand up and down and smiled friendly at me. "W-wel is there maybe anything I can do for you?" I asked him. He shook his head. "No, it's alright. As I told you before, just a heroes job, right?" I pouted and looked at him. "No please, you brought Akira back home safely, I can't just say thanks and walk away. That's not my way of thanking someone!" He looked me and let out a sigh. "Okay okay, you can do something for me." I smiled at him "Anything is fine for me."

He puts his hands in his pockets and spoke.

"Have dinner with me."

"W-what?" I stood there frozen and Akira looked up with sparkles in his eyes. "YAY! Dinner with Hawks!" He yelled. I quieted him down and looked back at Hawks. "Why?" He looked at me with a serious face. "Well, you said anything is fine for you. So dinner wouldn't be a big problem right?" He asked me.

"Y-yeah, I said that. But isn't it like, a bit to much? I mean, we just met and you have no idea who we are." Hawks looked at the floor and sighed. "I asked this to you because it's quiet at my home, like always, so having someone over to my place for just simple dinner would make me really happy. And by the way, you seem like a good person so I trust you." He said. I let out a sigh and agreed. "Okay fine, but I have to bring Akira with me. I can't leave him alone with a nanny, because I know they won't be able to handle him with the struggles of his quirk."

Hawks chuckled and agreed with that. "Right, the date and hour. When will be fine for you?" he asked me. I took out my phone and handed it to him. "Won't it be easier if you just gave me your number? This way it will be easier to choose a day and hour and to tell if there has come something in between." He smiled and took my phone. He pressed his number and gave my phone back.

"W-what the hell is that for a name?!" I yelled at him. He laughed and looked at me. "What's wrong with dadd-" I slapped my hand over his mouth. "Don't say that in front of Akira." I said angry. He putted his hands up in defense and I released my hand.

"Just send me when you can, okay chicken?" He walked away. "Sure." I said. Akira ran towards Hawks and gave him a hug. Hawks laughed and picked him up. "I'll see you again sometime, okay? And listen to your sister and behave." Akira nodded and I smiled seeing the view of Hawks and Akira. Hawks stood back straight and waved at me. I waved back and he shot up in the sky.

Akira ran to me. "Omg (Y/n)! Have you seen what he did?! He is so cool! I wanna be like him one day." He smiled and punched the air. I smiled and ruffled his hair. "First we need to get that quirk of yours under control." He pouted and huffed. I laughed and walked inside.