3 - "You Had A Nightmare"

Rin POV

I woke up and heard a soft melody outside. Slowly opening my eyes, I found Chopper still in a deep sleep next to me, snoring lightly.

'I wonder what could've scared him so much last night?'

Reaching over to gently shake him awake, he jumped up in reaction.

"Wait. Where am I?" He asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes with a big yawn.

"Don't you remember? You had a nightmare."

"Oh, yeah. That's right."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I offered.

"No it's fine. I feel way better!"

"Oh, okay. Well..." I sat up and began to stretch my arms over my head. "It's time for breakfast. You hungry?" I asked as I stood up.

"Yeah!" Chopper said with a nod.

"I'll meet you there. Make sure Captain doesn't eat everything before I get there." I said as I made my way to the restroom.

"You got it." He said before leaving the room.

When I made it to my mirror I washed my face and recalled the events of last night.

'I'm lucky Chopper was the one there. I'd be embarrassing if anyone else were to overhear anything. I'm a pirate, I won't let myself get caught up with that kind of stuff. I talked about it to finally get rid of these emotions... So why?'

My fingers gently landed on my lips as my mind wandered to the words I spoke so freely before Chopper came by the room. Then my face began to feel warm knowing that I acknowledged my true feelings.

'There's no way.' I thought to myself as I raised my head to look back at the bathroom mirror and see a reddened face reflected back at me. 'I have to find a way to get rid of such nonsense from my heart.'

Shaking my head I brushed my teeth and then combed through a few tangles of my hair, deciding to let it loose today instead of tying it up like usual.

Walking out of my room, I smelled the delicious cooking from Sanji and felt the growl of my empty stomach. The sound of the violin became louder when I opened the door.

"Oh, you're awake!" Brook greeted me when I walked up to him, lowering his violin and bow.

"Your music is really something else." I said with a smile, enjoying the gentle tune.

"It's the best way to start the day." Brook agreed as he picked his instrument back up and began playing once more.

Entering the dining room, I caught Luffy reaching over to the empty seat next to Chopper, until he was stopped.

Chopper quickly slapped away the greedy hand hovering over the plate he was protecting.

"Are you trying to take my breakfast?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and an eyebrow raised.

"You're gonna pay if you take what I made for her." Sanji spoke up from the kitchen, narrowing his eyes at Luffy and pointing a ladle at him.

"I wouldn't do it if I was you. Sanji sounds pretty serious." Usopp warned him.

"...Fine." Said Luffy hanging his head in defeat.

"You never learn." Franky said shaking his head at the captain.

Moving to sit down at the table between Chopper and Usopp, I looked around the table and realized the whole crew was here except one.

"Is Law still asleep?" I asked to nobody in particular.

Without warning, Chopper began to cough on his food and Robin patted his back as he began to drink his water.

"Chopper, are you okay?" Nami asked him.

"Y- yeah, uh, never better." He answered in a nervous tone.

"I can't say I know him all too well but he was awake for most of the night. When he got back to the room, it looked like he was troubled by something." Zoro spoke up.

"Is that so? I guess when I see him later I'll ask if-"

"No! Wait! I- I mean... I'll talk to him. Yeah. Doctor to doctor, you know?" Chopper suddenly offered.

"Oh, okay." I said, finding his reaction out of place and making me suspicious.

"Is he sick or something?" Kin'emon asked before I could.

"Sure seems like it." Momonosuke added in as he took another bite of food.

"Or something." Chopper answered vaguely, hastily stuffing his mouth with a big spoonful before he had to answer anything else.

'Something tells me he knows something that I don't. Definitely. He just makes it so obvious.'

Sitting down at the current table was more crowded than usual, with our interesting new guests from Wano.

Ever since Law talked to Doflamingo over the transponder snail recently, it made things so much more real to me and made me anxious about the big fights waiting ahead... But looking over at our crew I guess there's nothing to worry about if they can be as cheerful as ever like usual. We've been through a lot, and we'll get through this just like every other battle we've fought together.

Last night helped clear up some of my worries but... That other conversation with Nami and Robin was still fresh in my mind.

It wasn't until I was done with breakfast that Law finally showed up to eat. When I was on my way out, the door opened before I had my hand on the handle. Surprised to be face to face with him all of a sudden, I stuttered a quick greeting but he barely glanced at me and walked on past without saying anything in return.

'So there is something going on with him then?' I questioned, thinking back to Chopper's words earlier about how he was planning to talk to him later on. 'Guess I should let him take care of it like he said he would. Still, I wonder what's going on.'

Twitch: Enrita11 

July 6th, 2022