Meeting your brothers

~~~

"What is Jungkook doing here?", Jimin asked the man that was swearing up a storm just seconds ago.

"He's been living with us ever since the student housing association kicked him out of the dorms", Yoongi shrugged back.

"The what what to the what now happened?", Taehyung repeated in disbelief.

"Yeah, I don't know", he scratched behind his ear with a sigh, "Ask him yourself."

Seeing as Jungkook was still very much preoccupied with Jin chasing him, both Jimin and Taehyung decided to put that off until later.

"So... Anyway...", Taehyung placed a hand on the small of my back, "This is Charlotte, hyung."

Something clicked in my mind from the pictures Taehyung had in his room and the stories he and Jimin had told me.

"Ah, you must be Yoongi hyung, right?", I smiled cheerfully, but he only furrowed his brow at me.

"Yeah, I'm Yoongi..."

"But he's not your hyung, Charlotte", Taehyung quickly explained to me, "That's a title that guys use for guys that are older than them."

"Ohhhh", I mentally facepalmed, "I thought that was part of your name."

"What you can call me though...", Yoongi let a smirk paint his face and stepped towards me slyly, "Is Yoongi oppa."

"Yoongi oppa-?", I repeated.

"NO! No, no, no, no!", Taehyung waved his hands frantically, "Do not call him that. Do not call any of them oppa."

"Why not?", I blinked at him, not understanding what kind of connotations the title could have.

"Yeah, Tae, why not?", Yoongi bit his bottom lip from grinning.

"That title...", he looked embarrassed and scratched the back of his neck while gluing his eyes to the floor, "It's used to refer to your boyfriend sometimes... So you shouldn't call my hyungs oppas."

"So I should call you oppa?", I tilted my head.

"N-no", his cheeks went red and he started stuttering, "N-not h-here..."

Yoongi and Jimin both let out some insinuating chuckles and exchanged glances with raised eyebrows. I could see Taehyung was going to scold them, but then something -or rather someone- flung themselves around him, grasping onto his shoulders and hiding behind him.

Jungkook was using Taehyung as a human shield while Jin stood in front of him with a metal pan raised above his head threateningly.

"Uh, hyung...?", Taehyung cowered back a little, really not wanting to be hit by a pan at that moment.

"Tell him to put the pan down, Tae", Jungkook whispered into his friend's ear as he clung to him.

"Hyung, please put the pan down", he squeaked.

Jin huffed loudly and shot Jungkook a deadly glare, but lowered his 'weapon' all the same, "Next time you break the rules, you're out on the street for all I care, you hear me?"

"Uh huh", the youngest nodded, but had his tongue in his cheek and didn't seem sorry at all.

"...How long has this been going on?", Taehyung inquired, surprised the two of them didn't rip each other to shreds yet.

"Far too long", Yoongi groaned annoyedly, "It's a nightmare. I don't know who thought Jin and Jungkook living under the same roof was a good idea."