Part 1: You Are Stuck With Me.

N I H I R A   I Y E R

The person you are calling is not answering

The person you are calling is not answering. Try later.

The recorded voice said for the millionth time making me toss my mobile to the bed angrily before slumping to the same bed clutching my hair in desperation.

See, I got a job as the Marketing Manager at a renowned MNC at Mumbai. It's like a dream comes true. When I got the appointment letter a week before I was on cloud nine. It was not only a surprise for me but for my parents and best friend too. I didn't tell anyone attending the interview as I never thought I will get this job.

Now don't think that I am insecure and all. It's just that I always believes in plan B. If it's not this, then I believe there is something else waiting for only me.

Now coming to this particular job, it provides me with a five-digit salary as well as accommodation. It is almost a jackpot for me. But every good thing has a bad perspective and here it is, I have to leave Bangalore. My hometown. It also means I have to leave my parents and best friend. Both my lifelines.

The moment I broke this news to them, they were ecstatic. Congratulating me for achieving my dream. But then the moment it sunk into them that I have to leave Bangalore they become sad. Convincing my parents was quite easy. They never stopped me for anything so now too they were happy with anything I decide.

But for my best friend, she left the house that day, or precisely 7 days before. She didn't speak to me much after that, even when I went to her house banging at 10.00 PM. She is being distant.

But I can't blame her. We never live away from each other for more than 1 day. It was like we are glued to each other to hip, from the day at that park she pushed that idiot who pushed me off of the swing. That was like 20 years ago. Me leaving her will surely break her.

I come back to reality when I felt my Amma's soft hand stroking my hair.

"What happened Niha bacha?" And that was it for me to rant to my mother.

"It's okay bacha, I know the is sad. You are her only friend na. That's why. But she will come around. After all, she is your Love. Now stop worrying and come downstairs. We have to leave in 30 minutes."

Yes, I am her only friend. If I leave she will be alone. Am I doing right?

"What happened?" I heard Achu (Father) asking Amma.

"She is worried about leaving Arushi."

"Hmm... They never live apart from each other from the moment they met. But they are girls and they eventually have to leave each other."