Beginning

Team 10 had early training while their sensei watched them silently. Hey Shikamaru did you noticed that Asuma sensei is acting a little weird lately ? Ino asked.

Yes but now we gotta concentrate on training, we will talk about that later. Shikamaru said.

Hey ! What are you two talking about without me ? Choji asked.

Nothing really, now come at me Choji with all you've got. Shikamaru said.

You better not regret it Shikamaru. Choji said as he came running to Shikamaru with clenching fist ready.

Don't forget about me. Ino said.

Just as all of them were about to make their final move their sensei stopped them.

Ok that's enough for today. Asuma said.

Eeeeeh but sensei I almost taken over Choji ! Ino said.

What ? From behind when I wasn't looking ?! That's dirty Ino. Choji said.

Well enemy can attack you from behind anytime so you should be more careful next time. Ino said sticking her tongue out.

Shikamaru just sighed and closed his eyes.

Haha I'm so proud of you all. Asuma said and ruffled their hair.

No my hair sensei ! Sasuke-kun would be disappointed to see me like this.

Again that Sasuke ? Choji asked.

Man such a drag. Shikamaru said.

Anyway Asuma sensei why did we have such an early training ? Shikamaru asked.

Today I might be busy with other things to do so that's why. Asuma said.

So today no banquet ? Choji asked sad.

Sorry Choji next time I promise. Asuma said.

Okay I shall remember your words Asuma sensei. Choji smiled.

Hey will you be okay Choji ? Ino asked.

Don't worry I brough with me Extra large box with potato chips just in case. Choji said.

Where did he hide it ? Shikamaru and Ino asked and sweatdropped.

Asuma smiled at them and wave them goodbye.

Shikamaru, Ino and Choji waved their sensei too and together they leaved and talked with each other.

Asuma was walking around the village and kept thinking about his team.

They are growing up so fast. Their techniques are improving and I'm glad I was given this team. In future they will surpass the old Ino-Shika-Cho I'm sure of it. I wonder if Kurenai's team training ended up already.

Asuma. The beautiful voice said.

I turned and saw the most beautiful woman in the world.

Kurenai you ended up sooner too ? Asuma asked.

Of course I did, since you did suggested to spare some time with me. Don't you remember ? You said it yesterday. Kurenai said.

Oh did I ? Oh yes I did. It slipped my mind for a bit. Asuma said and scratched the back of his neck.

You really are weird today. You're not even smoking today, is everything alright ? Kurenai asked.

I even forgot that but I smoked earlier so don't worry I was just thinking about my team that's all. Asuma said.

You really like them. We can get some dango and talk what do you say ? Kurenai asked.

Yes I wanted to ask you the same, let's go. Asuma said.

...............

Here you go two plates of dango. The owner of the dango shop said.

Thanks. Asuma said.

Thank you. Kurenai said.

How is it with your team Kurenai ? Asuma asked.

Pretty well Hinata is starting to get stronger, Kiba and Akamaru make great combo together and Shino's analytical and observational skills are very useful and he always make shrewd decision as always. Kurenai said.

So they doing better than great. That's good to hear. Asuma said.

Yes they do in other words I'm very proud of my team too. Kurenai smiled.

Does your team have any mission tomorrow ? Asuma asked.

Yes. Unfortunately I won't see you tomorrow and what about you ? Kurenai asked.

That's sad to hear but I'm manage it somehow. No mission for my team. Asuma said.

I see. Make sure to look after the village. Kurenai said. 

Yes I know don't worry. Asuma said.

They ate their dangos and Asuma paid for the dangos.

Want to go for a walk Kurenai ? Asuma asked.

Yes let's go. Kurenai said.

While they were walking they had a long talk about their childhood memories.  All of a sudden three kids run the same path.

It turned out it was Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon.

Konohamaru ? Asuma asked.

Sorry uncle Asuma but Naruto nichan is coming back from mission and I need him to train me. Konohamaru said and kept running with Moegi and Udon behind him.

They have a lot of energy. Kurenai smiled.

They never change. Kids nowadays have a lot of energy. Asuma said.

Right ? I love those kids. Kurenai said.

Yes it's good to have kids. Asuma said.

They both looked at each other and blushed.

There was silence.

Look at the time. I should probably go now. Thank you for your company Asuma. Kurenai said.

Y-yeah bye Kurenai and good luck on a mission. Asuma said nervous.

Bye see ya later. Kurenai waved him and leaved.

I didn't meant to say that loud. Asuma said embarrassed.

[ It turned out great I think. I wanted to write this story later but I decided to write it sooner because why not ?  Anyway I hope you enjoyed 😊 ]