Part 8

We can not stay along the side of this road. That much I know. Looking at my husband I see that he knows this as well, "We can not stay here. I will replace the wheel and drives us the rest of the way home. You ladies please wait here." He places a soft quick kiss on my cheek and opens the carriage door once more. I hope he knows what he is doing. I have never driven a carriage before nor has anyone in my family. This is something only the servants and carriage hands do.

There is a jolt as the carriage is lifted slightly to the right side and I give a small squeal of fright, "Do not worry miss. It is merely your husband replacing the wheel." I nod toward Brooklyn but even this does not seem to calm me down. Silently I wonder how he knows to do such things. This is not common knowledge where I come from.

He peeks his head in through the window near me and gives a small smile, "The wheel has been replaced ladies." He turns to see my worried expression and gives a quick peak on my lips, "Do not fret my love. We shall be home shortly." With this he climbs into the carriage hand's position behind the horses. I hear him strike the whip over the horses heads and after few minor lurches we set off down the road.

I take this time to glance out the window once more as we pass by a dense looking forest; then quickly recoil after what I have just witnessed.

That strange woman is there in the trees. Only this time I can see her face. She looks to much like me.