Chapter 2. Trouble

We walk out of the auditorium to breakfast "Pancake sausage wraps for breakfast! This is the best day ever... well, besides the whole quarantine thing."  She speaks as a guy in a nice suit is walking around the cafeteria. "Scratch that. The quarantine ruined it." "Yeah."  I start eating the food. Not wanting to be suspicious and hoping it's not somehow rigged to be poisoned or something. I was just trying to have a normal time I'd forgotten united state schools are dangerous for aliens.  Dawn sits across from me noshing on sausage dog "I don't think its poison. If these guys are who I think they are, they want their target alive."

      I agree and start eating the pancake. I realize we are the only ones at the table, but I couldn't care less. "Could be sleep stuff. Or stuff to mess with our senses. Actually, best not talk about that. May ruin my appetite." She continues enjoying the sausage dog "At least classes are cancelled!" 

I look at her "Really? hmm fun. What are we going to do all day. Scribble doodles?"  I laugh. She replies "I'm going to hang out in the library. Nobody at this terrible school reads, so it should be less crowded than the rest of the school. People avoid that place like the plague. Want to come?" She offers as her and I finish our lunch. "Sounds fun. I love books. It'd Give us something to do."

      I follow her to the library. Usually, I'd like to stick with the crowd to be safe but on edge like I was I just wanted to get away from it all.  Nobody in there. We sit down at a computer trying to figure out what to do. Dawn sits next to me getting on YouTube. "Well, time to check YouTube!"  She says. I hear her sing a line from The Alien Song "A secret history, conspiracy and liberty" she Mentally slaps self.  "C'mon, Dawn. May as well tattoo, I'm really a Time Lord, on your forehead." I was about to tell her not to say that out loud worried someone might hear. "Dawn you really shouldn't do that here." I whisper to her. Scolding her. "What if someone-" I get cut off as I hear someone behind us. "You're a what?" The voice says.

"You're really a what?" That person repeats behind us. I whip my head around to face who it is that said it and is faced with a man in a uniform that looks military.  I notice the torchwood symbol on it. I hold my breath, waiting for what he was going to say. And what Dawn was going to say. She looked at the soldier.

        "An obsessive Whovian! What, am I supposed to believe you really work for Torchwood? You can get those toy badges from Amazon!" My two hearts are pounding so loudly I can't hear myself think. I know hers are doing the same. We both hold our breath waiting to hear what the officer from torchwood was going to say. He starts "In the interest of global security, I think you two had better come with us." My hearts beat fast. Torchwood here.  They're going to capture us, I yell to Dawn with my telepathy. 'We should run. Like now!' I wait for her response standing up casually, trying to not show how scared I am. She follows me then speaks up "Yeah. We will go. But I need to pee, and my companion is about to pass out if she doesn't get a drink. Bye now!" 

      She gives a mocking wave as we run off down the hallways "Ok how are we going to lose these guys. It's your fault if we get caught. " I look over my shoulder. She ignores my scolding knowing we got worse things to worry about.  "I found a secret room in the basement of the school. I cut class in there sometimes." She ducks into corner "I'll show you." I follow "Cool I love secret hide outs." she takes me to the secret room. There is fan art and Gallifreyian writing all over the walls and a small table with two chairs in one corner. There are also several bookshelves and a computer. "So, this is the Bunker. You like? Not bigger on the inside, but it'll do."

I look around amazed by how cozy and secret it was. If a bit risky if anyone found it but I did admire her courage. "Very. This all is exciting, but we can't hide forever. What if they find us. I mean they are torchwood they would know the best places to find secret hideouts In places."