DI: 35

I sat across from my attorney as he told me how everything was going and it wasn't looking good for me. The only thing they had that linked me to Kingston's death was the file I had on him and that was enough to pin Lisa's death on me too. That's not even the half they were adding gun charges so I was looking at twenty-five years right now maybe even more.

"What's gon happen if I plead guilty" I kept my hands crossed with my head up, looking directly into his face. My parents stood off to the side and of course my mama was scolding my ass while my dad just stood there, waiting just like me. He sighed and un-loosened his tie.

"They'll give you ten years and you'll do five five years of probation" I shook my head this was some bullshit how the fuck did I end up here?

"Fifteen fucking years" I slammed my hands on the table before bringing them up to my head, shaking my legs under the table.

"You'll be free" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Let me speak to my son, alone" my father said walking over to me. I sucked my teeth and looked off to the side not even bothering to look at his face. "Don't disrespect me" he said while rolling the sleeves up on his shirt. I looked at him as he grabbed the chair and flipped it around before sitting down in front of me. I turned around in my seat to face him and didn't bother ducking his punch that was coming towards me. My head snapped and I winced when pain shot through the side of my face.

"Stand up" I spit the blood out my mouth and stood up, putting up my set.
__
I walked through the building and clenched my fist together I've been waiting and waiting for someone to let me see him that's all I wanted to do was see him. My frustration was starting to get the best of me as I let the tears slip from my eyes. I walked over to the lady that spoke to me earlier La'Shay resembled her I'm guessing she's their mother.

"Excuse me" I said and she looked at me with a smile on her face. "Are you Ezekiel's mother?"

"Yes I am"

"I'm sorry we had to meet under these circumstances but I'm his girlfriend and I haven't seen him since they locked him up my patience is running really, really low" I said putting my hands in a praying form. "Could you please help me see him, please"

"He's told me about you but failed to mention how feisty you are" she chuckled before looking at the door and once I finally focused on it I could hear that noise I was all too familiar with, making me nervous. I guess she could see the change of look on my face because she knocked on the door and the noise stopped. The door was pulled open and this man came out Ezekiel and Cedric looked just like him. I squinted my eyes at him I know he wasn't in there beating on ice.

"Let's go, Cedric" he said and I didn't bother staying around to see that was about to go down I walked into the room and seen Ice wiping his nose that was bleeding. My heart dropped.

"Ezekiel are you okay" I questioned grabbing his face he pulled me into him and put his head in the crook of my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rubbed my hand through his hair. I felt wetness, he was crying. He grabbed me tighter it was hurting me but I didn't care. "Baby, stop crying"

"Ten years Amora" he said and my heart sunk even more. They were giving him ten years how was I supposed to be away from him that long? "I need you to promise me something" he kept me in his grasp.

"Promise me you'll move on with your life and be happy" I tried getting out of his hold. "Promise me Amora" he said and I started to cry why was this happening? My happiness was being taken away from me all over again.

"No Ezekiel" I said holding him tighter than I was before I wasn't letting him go I don't care how long I had to wait I knew what I was up for and I'm dealing with it. "We in this shit forever you can't leave me" he grabbed my arms, trying to get me off of him but I wasn't letting up. Not only was I sad but I was beginning to get mad here he was trying to call it quits over some prison time when I'm willing to wait.

"If you don't want to be with me anymore just say that but don't try to make my decisions for me" I snapped pushing him away from me his jaws flexed as he looked at the door that was closed.

"We done, Amora" he said and I just looked at him not knowing what to say.

"Done?" I repeated more to myself before chuckling and swatting my hand. "You just need some time to think I'll give you that" I started to walk away because honestly I wasn't hearing none of that shit. He grabbed my arm and stopped me from leaving.

"I mean that shit" I slapped his hand off of me and pointed my finger in his face.

"When I wanted to leave you, you wouldn't let me! Just because your sorry ass finna serve time doesn't mean I want to leave but what did I expect from a low life fucking killer you know what Ezekiel I'm sorry I fell in love with you okay? I'm sorry for not wanting to leave" tears left my eyes as I shouted. "You can't leave me and if you try that's your ass Ezekiel I will fuck your life up more than it already is, trust me" wiping my nose I opened the door and slammed it behind me.