Chapter 10: Prima Dona

"Rey!" shrieked Carlotta, furious at the turn of events. "It's all a ploy to help Rey!" Hux shouted at the room. Hux read the note again, finding that Leia had spoken the truth. Both Carlotta and Hux were furious that she would not be singing. She had more experience than Rey and they both thought that she was far more suited to opera. Rey was merely a ballet girl. She did not belong in the spotlight.

Finn still sat with his head in his hands muttering, "This is insane." He was unsure how they were going to get around this.

"I know who sent this," Carlotta span and marched up to Raoul pointing a finger at him accusingly, "The Vicomte, her lover!" It was true, everyone now knew that Raoul and Rey definitely knew each other. The rumours had already begun about her disappearance after his visit. Raoul scoffed at her, "Indeed, can you believe this?' He looked around the room looking for some back up to no avail. Poe jumped up, he couldn't lose Carlotta or any member of the opera house to rumours that they were being managed by a ghost. It was time to grovel. "Signora, this changes nothing," he pleaded. Carlotta just shrieked inaudible words in another language that only a dog could hear. Finn, recognising what Poe was doing, joined in. "This is a joke," he mumbled before jumping up and begging Carlotta, "Signora!"

"You are our star!" pleaded Poe

"And always will be," added Finn, looking at Poe for approval. "The man is mad!"

"Signora, we don't take orders!" Poe nodded subtly for Finn to keep going. They had to let Carlotta sing, they couldn't give in to this 'Opera Ghost'. Madame Leia stood gravely at the side with Rose, the two watching the scene play out. "Miss Kenobi will be playing the pageboy - the silent role," said Finn hoping that would win her over. Poe gave her verbal confirmation with "Carlotta will be playing the lead." Hux smirked in the corner. Things were going their way. Of course, Carlotta being the drama queen that she was just threw her arms in the air in a tantrum, "It's useless trying to appease me! You're only saying this to please me!" She babbled on in her different language no one really sure of its whereabouts. Hux stepped forward to Poe and Finn who were unsure what to do, "Appease her," he said, trying to be heard enough by Poe and Finn but quiet under Carlotta's shrieking. The two looked at each other again, unconvinced. "Please her, and she will stop this shrilling."

Madame Leia watched in the corner at Carlotta's hissy fit and Hux's plea to give Carlotta her way. As Hux stepped back with his advice smugly, she stepped forward gravely and whispered, "Beware to those who scorn his word, he sees and knows everything!" Finn and Poe both looked taken back. Both dismissed the comment and ignored her, pushing pass to grovel to Carlotta. "Signora, pardon us, please signora we beseech you!" They said, trying to grab her attention only to be shouted at with "You have rebuked me and replaced me!"

Raoul, on the other hand, made his way over to Rose who stood in the corner, seemingly lost in thought. Raoul's head was spinning, "Who was this O.G?" Rose thought the same thing. She noticed Raoul approach. "Why did Rey fly from my arms?" Rose shook her head. "If you know something say!" Raoul demanded in a whisper. "Why was Rey acting odd when I saw her last night?" Rose shook her head for she could not answer. Madame Leia's words echoed throughout her mind. "Trust Rey..." she thought. Raoul turned away and stared off into the distance, unable to get an answer from her. "Perhaps she doesn't know," he thought. He turned to the door, "I must see her!" Rose silently thought the same. She looked at Madame Leia for comfort but was only met by stern eyes. She really felt out of her depth. She thought she could hear Madame Leia say, "This hour shall be your darkest fears," but she may have been mistaken. After all, her head was beginning to pound with all the shouting. "Where did she go?" Raoul nagged at her again, but Rose just shook her head again. She really couldn't answer. Raoul just sighed, frustrated with everything. "What new surprises lie in store?" She whispered to herself. She turned her attention to Finn and Poe who appeared to have gained no ground with Carlotta.