The Betrayal

My name is Omega,and I used to be a hero. My real name is Perseus Achilles Jackson, or at least it used to be. Perhaps I should explain what happened.

It was 10,000 Chaon years ago,10 years in Earth time. I had come back from doing Hercules Labors to win Athena's blessing to marry her daughter,Annabeth Chase. As I came to the top of the hill, I pulled out a box that had my engagement ring for her. It had a silver band,with a small sea green and grey jewel. Simple,yet meaningful. I began walking down to the lake, where I knew Annabeth would be. As I approached, I saw Annabeth and another camper, Alex Macro,son of Ares kissing my Wise Girl.

"Annabeth?!" I gasped. Annabeth turned around and gasped.

"Percy?! What are you doing here?" she asked. I felt tears fill my eyes.

"What am I doing here? I just came back from doing Hercules' Labors! You wanna know why? For your mother. So I could get her blessing to marry you! But I guess if this is what your going to do, then maybe we shouldn't," I shouted. I pulled the box with her engagement ring out and threw it at the sand. I turned around and went to my cabin. I packed Riptide,an extra change of clothes,some ambrosia and nectar,golden drachmas,and a few pictures of me and the seven. Nico,Thalia,Jason and Hazel came into my cabin and told me they wanted to come with me. I agreed and gave them time to pack their bags. We left that day,and we didn't look back, not once.