Chapter 6

"Violet, where's Korra?" Tenzin asks as he walks outside to the corridor

"She's at fire ferret practice.." Violet sighs "again"

"it seems that you are.. frustrated?" Tenzin questions

"I wouldn't say frustrated, more like... confused" Violet tells him, she holds up a scroll "you gave me a bunch of old scrolls to read but I see nothing about a Switch, it just keeps talking about the Avatar and the Guardian" she sighs "i don't get it"

Tenzin sits in front of her "I have a story my father told me, would you like to hear it?"

"Does it have to do with me?" Violet asks

"yes" Tenzin smiles

"alright" Violet puts the scroll down and looks at him "let's hear it"

Tenzin begun "Long ago their was a young Avatar born into the earth kingdom, once he learned he was the Avatar, he met his Guardian. Him and his Guardian begun to learn the elements together, the Guardian learned her responsibilities and watched over the Avatar. Over time the Guardian began to notice something in the Avatar change, he became corrupted by power.

The Avatar began lashing out at people and abusing his power, finally the Guardian was forced to take action. The Guardian took away the Avatar's power, after a couple days the Guardian started noticing a change, she kept flashing in and out of the Avatar state until one day she was able to stay completely in it.

That's when the true power of the Guardian was known, she completely gained all the abilities of the Avatar and lost her Guardian powers. They started calling her, the Switch, because she wasn't born the Avatar. It was a way for people to shame her and her future successors because the Avatar claimed the Guardian abused her power and stole his power"

"My title.. is to shame me?" Violet asks sadly

"Yes sadly, but that is why the old scrolls say Guardian" Tenzin explains "that is what your proper title is"

"So why am I still called the Switch then, it doesn't even make sense" Violet stands up "a-and it doesn't even sound like an insult, it more of just a disrespectful name to call the Guardian"

"Violet I know hearing the truth isn't always easy-"

"because people are stupid" Violet says angrily

"you're starting to sound like your sister" Tenzin sighs "I suppose even you can get angry, you are getting older"

"don't try to change the subject Master" Violet sits back down "I'm sorry, it's just hard to know that when people are calling me the Switch they're just mocking me"

"then we'll change it" Tenzin tells her "Once you finish your training we'll start addressing you as the Guardian again and hopefully people will change it as well"

"but didn't your father address Kira as the Avatar Switch as well?" Violet asks

"yes he did, but my father did also start addressing her as Guardian as they got older" Tenzin smiles "once he learned her true title that is"

"good" Violet stands up "that makes me feel a lot better"

"I'm glad" Tenzin stands up as well

-

Later that day; Violet, Korra, Jinora, and Ikki are feeding fruit to ring-tailed lemurs in the snow.

"Hey Violet, you like that tall, dreamy firebender boy too don't you?" Ikki suddenly asks

Violet's face went red "w-what a-are you talking a-about?"

"Wait, you like Mako?" Korra asks "huh.. I guess even my little sister can't resist a boy's charm"