Her Hero

Hi Everyone! As I said in my last A/N, this is now becoming a one shot book as well as a MMD story. Also please read the note at the end of the chapter and give me your opinions! This chapter is basically based on a mix of the song above from the TLT Musical and My love for Sally as an amazing character and as a soul too pure for this world . Enjoy! 

Percy Jackson was almost one when his mom brought him to their community pool. Sally had just come off of a particularly stressful day of work and with her son being a child of the sea god, she thought being around water may calm his- and her nerves. After arriving and getting changed, the mother and son stepped onto the slippery, tiled floors, the smell of chlorine engulfing their lungs. The sleeping Percy started to stir in his mom's arms, maybe because of the noise or the peculiar fact that the water seemed to be calling the young boy, egging him to step inside. 

She sat down on the nearest pool chair, placing her tan pool bag down, still bouncing Percy on her knee. A loud ring echoed form her bag and she fished out her phone, pulling it to her ear. 

" Hello? " She answered warily, hoping it was not who she thought it was. The voice of her boss ran through the speaker, confirming her suspicions. Sally sighed and set the young demigod into the carseat she had brought with her and relaxed into the blue and white striped chair .        

After a while, Sally realized that she hadn't heard Percy's gurgling or incoherent babbling in while. Looking down in alarm she saw that his carseat was now empty. Now completely ignoring her work call, she looked around frantically for her missing son before her blue eyes landed on a spot in the far end of the pool where all eyes were pointed at, each person gaping in shock, most with cameras out recording the incredible event in front of them. In the centre of the commotion was one year old Perseus Jackson himself, executing a perfect breast stroke in the deep end, barely coming up for air.

 It was at that moment Sally Jackson realized that her son was special and it was those long days and sleepless nights when Percy was kidnapped by Hera that she reflected on just how  special he really was. It was the days she spent with Annabeth crying, eating blue ice cream and blue cookies, repeatedly watching Finding Nemo while wrapped in Percy's sweaters no matter the weather, that she understood how much he meant to her. It was these moments she knew her son was a hero- he was her hero. Her world. And she didn't know what she would do without him.   

AWWWWW! I'm dying of feels. I love Percy's and Sally's relationship especially since most demigods don't get to have a parental relationship. Okay, so I honestly don't know if this is a good idea or not but I'm starting a PJO daily quote book. Basically, every day at 6 PM (Eastern Time) I am going to post a Percy Jackson quote, meme, head cannon, picture ETC. basically just to give people something to laugh or smile about at the end of a long day. I am going to try to do this for a year. Opinions? 

- Daughter Of Athena 8527 <3