Chapter 53

Hey guys! I'm really sorry that it took me like a week to update but I was having major writer's block. I knew what I wanted to write but for some reason it wasn't happening. It won't normally take this long so hopefully you guys can forgive me :)

But also, THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put in a really beautiful moment at the end just for you guys so if you want, you can listen to the music attached while reading the end. I gave note as to when you can start the music. It's so cute with the song, but if you get distracted or don't want to, it's all good :)

-

"I'm dating Abigail."

I was at a loss for words. Luke and Abigail? No. That couldn't be true. I had to be mistaken. Luke would never be with a girl that Michael had been with too because it wasn't like they used to be a cute couple. Michael and Abigail hooked up- something purely sexual and not romantic at all. I didn't understand how Luke was okay dating a girl who had a one night stand with Michael and was obsessed with him. None of it made sense.

"What?" I managed to spit out to make sure I heard him correctly, stumbling back to give more space between us. I didn't want to sound unhappy for Luke because if he found a girl that was good for him, I'd be good with her, but Abigail? She was a different story. Michael claimed she was trouble so I had to believe him.

"Leah, we're kind of a good pair," he told me softly, unconsciously cracking his knuckles. It was something he did when he got nervous. He obviously wanted my approval or my happiness for him and Abigail but I wasn't sure I could give it. Luke was the friend who I was protective over. I didn't love him romantically but any girl who flirted with him or showed interest immediately went on my list. I just felt like no one was good enough for him and that wouldn't change.

"How would you know? You've only been dating, like, a week," I pointed out, hoping that Luke would miraculously agree that Abigail is not the girl for him but he only sighed.

"So have you and Michael," he said, his blue pools for eyes melting into mine. His words caused sudden realization to crash over me, my spine stiffening. Michael and I seemed so solid, so right to me but we had only been dating for a week. Luke had a point. Maybe he and Abigail felt the same as Michael and I did, but then again, Michael and I were good friends for awhile before all of this happened.

I covered my face with my hands, taking a moment to think things through but the only thing that was going through my mind was Michael. Luke was going to be with a girl that my boyfriend had too and I didn't even want to know how Michael would react along with Ashton. I figured Calum already knew because he was the one keeping it a secret from us.

"Look, I understand that I have no place to tell you who you should or shouldn't be with, but are you sure this is right?" I just wanted him to be fully confident in this relationship because it could bring a lot of drama into our somewhat peaceful group of friends. I knew I had no right to play the role of Luke's mom and decide who was bad for him but Abigail didn't strike me as the one for him. Luke was too playful and innocent.

"Leah," Luke grumbled, staring down at the floor. He obviously didn't want my protection over him so I chose a different question.

"Does anyone but Calum and I know?" I asked and felt my phone vibrate again in my pocket. Who the hell wanted to talk to me right now? It was quite annoying since it had been buzzing every minute or so.

"No," Luke admitted but seemed rather relieved that he told me. His face had smoothed out and his eyes that I loved so much were softer. His arms were hanging loosely at his sides, his fingers picking at the string on the edge of his pocket. "I'm not sure how I'm going to tell-"