Chapter 1

I open my eyes slowly as the sunlight hits my face through the curtains. I've been at Michael's house for nearly 2 weeks now since my mother is in a good amount of trouble for the trauma she's given me. My father is in trouble for being deadbeat. It's been hard lately, really tough.

I regret trying to end my life the way I did. It was a terrible amount of pain and something i'd rather forget. Though I was in a coma for a week, that changed nothing. I could still feel the pain of my broken bones and somewhat hear fainted voices, sobbing and yelling. I know Micheal was hurt because when I awoken he had that look on his face. The same look he had when he couldn't talk to me for a while. That's when I vowed to myself to never hurt him like that again. He was sure glad that I did too.

I look over to see the male sleeping next to me, his breathing soft and slow. His hair has grown down to his neck which I hadn't even noticed until now. I really wasn't paying attention all that time. The pain of my aching bones was too much to handle honesty so, it makes sense. I looked down at my shirt to see what I was last wearing. It was a mother mother album cover on my shirt, the one with the fish. Personally, I'm not into that genre of music but, Michael loves it.

I sit up somewhat already knowing school will be in a week and same with me heading back home. I'll miss Michael well, going to Michael's place. Naomi is just way to strict is what the problem is. Dad never does shit about it either. I clench my fist as these thoughts fill my head. We only moved here late spring so, I don't even know anyone well either. All I have is Michael and my siblings. It really is unfortunate.

Michael looked up at me, covering his mouth as he yawned. He had a soft smile on his face though in his eyes you could see he was hurt. "Good Morning, Luci." he mumbled as he sat up as well. He leaned against me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Good Morning, Mikey." I responded as my brain processes my surroundings. I sigh softly to look over at him. I must keep a smile on my face as well, to give him hope. I'll never let him feel the pain I went through and will protect this man with my life. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me so, seeing him upset would  really take a toll on me. "How are you today?" I asked.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing." He chuckled softly then continued, "I'm pretty good. You?" He began to get out of bed already although I didn't want him to go. He went over and put my crutches next to the side of the bed I'm on. It's his usual routine he's done everyday since I stayed over. He talks to me, gives me my crutches, showers then heads to work. It's a boring one since there's hardly anything happening. All I do is stay here and get lazy. Broken bones really sucks and that's the truth.

"I'm gonna take a shower now! Alright?" Michael announces as if I don't already know. I nod at him and wait for him to leave the room. Finally he's gone so I can get to do what I do to everyday.

I head over to the mirror and manage to get my shirt off. Christ, I look so much skinnier then I did weeks ago. It's gonna become auspicious I just know it is. My pants look baggy near my thighs and my shirt is huge near my arms and stomach area. This was kind of embarrassing if anything. I was almost like a whole new person although, my eyebags went away. I looked healthier and less well at the same time. How do I even manage to do that? I shrugged as I went to lay back down. Almost forgetting I would be going back home soon once things were worked out with my mom and dad. If things didn't, I guess I would live here? This place was much better than back at home though. This had to be for the best a sign from somewhat. 

After a while, Michael came out the bathroom in clean fresh clothing. He put his dirty ones in the hamper then sat next to me. "I'm gonna get going now.. alright?" he announced. I understood that he had to go and nodded, feeling somewhat helpless. He kissed my forehead before heading out the house. This just wasn't fair at all. I could feel hot tears falling from my face as I hear the door shut. I looked over then grab my crutches to make my way down the stairs. 

Usually, I would've been heading to the coffee shop around now but things were different, I was different. I was a damn idiot for even attempting to go. I was lucky that I didn't get that bad of brain damage. It would've been hell if I did. Was I lucky or unlucky? I could feel my anxiety creeping around. I quickly wiped my tears then reached for the popterts in the cabinet, nearly falling over I managed to grab them. At least this went right.