Chapter 3

At the supermarket ,Vicky grabbed a trolley and walked alongside the racks and Ruhi followed him

At the supermarket ,Vicky grabbed a trolley and walked alongside the racks and Ruhi followed him.She quickly put groceries into the trolley while Vicky picked out some of his essential stuff from the racks. His favourite Earl Grey English breakfast tea was in stock.It was something he couldn't do without.

Vicky needed urgently needed some briefs and boxers as he hadn't come prepared for a three week stay. He wasn't sure if his branded intimate wear showrooms would be open so he searched if something was available here in the supermarket. Right now he couldn't afford to be bothered about the brand!

He was short on other clothes too but he decided to order them online.

At the billing counter, Vicky noticed that Ruhi had got four tetra packs of milk.

"Why do you need so many packs of milk Ruhi?"  Vicky didn't consume milk and he had strong reasons for it which Ruhi was not aware of. He hadn't told her.

"Duh! Now two of us are there. People have plundered the fridge here. We don't know when the next stock will come." Ruhi clarified.

"Look I don't drink milk. You can put one two packs back in the fridge."

"Who's asking you to drink milk Vicky? You can have it with cereal or something".

Vicky shook his head. May be he can explain it to her later.But she will only laugh at him,he thought.

When the bill was handed over, Ruhi took out her card but Vicky immediately  held her hands.

"Let me pay." He looked stern and she knew this expression of his very well. This was his bossy self, Ruhi reflected.

"Is it because of the inner wear that you bought? It's Ok. I don't mind paying". Ruhi blurted out  like old times, but it was quite unintentional. 

"What the? " Vicky looked discomfited especially because Ruhi's remarks caused the billing person to laugh out loud.

"Oops Sorry".She bit her lip.

It had always been like this between them. Atleast most of the time. Ruhi's bubbling spontaneity  and her infectious charm  were the two main features that had attracted Vicky to her initially. Despite being a quiet and brooding person he was, Vicky had found it easy communicating with Ruhi. Not many could drag him into a conversation especially if he was still getting to know them. But Ruhi effortlessly slid past that invisible mantle around him and touched his heart.