Chapter 4

I tried as hard as I could to blur out everything around me as I walked down the halls of the mental institute. I had a lot of questions but I knew I wouldn't get any answers neither would I ever utter the questions. Right now I just had to focus on trying not to die. I've been with Sylas for a while now but he still manages to surprise me. I wouldn't have ever thought I would ever see him in this place, even though he truly did belong here because this place was made just for him.

I knew there was more than to what met the eye. He was up to something and I had no interest in his business neither did I have the stomach for it. Plus I had my own problems to worry about. I had a lot of questions running through my mind. Would he kill me on sight, probably not he loved torturing people. One of the things I had painfully learned about my fiancé.

I looked at the guard escorting me. No questions were asked as soon as we entered this establishment no one said anything. In fact a lot of people looked the other way. I couldn't stop crying even though I knew crying wasn't going to stop the inevitable. I knew Sylas was here for a reason he probably admitted himself in here. But what I didn't know was why he didn't get one of his men to just do the job for him. It must be personal.

We finally came to a huge steel door on the second floor at the end of the suddenly dark hallway. I couldn't stop the images of Sylas' punishments flashing through my mind as I looked at the door. I have scars to show for. There was another guard at the door just looking straight ahead. I zoned out thinking of ways I could possibly get out of this deadly situation I knew that whether I liked it or not, I would feel his wrath.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the heavy thick steel door was opened by the guard. I noted that the other guard that drove me here was nowhere to be seen. The feeling of hopelessness sunk its fangs into me. From where I was standing the room I was about to go into looked spacious and beyond decent. Too descent for a normal patient. I wasn't surprised. I looked at the emotionless guard before me.

"Please don't close the - door." I pleaded with him begging him with my eyes but no sign of emotion flashed through his. He didn't even look at me. I wanted to stay and beg further for the door to be kept open but I knew the kind of patience that Sylas had.

I cautiously stepped into the room silently breathing out loud to stop my self from having a heart attack from the speed of my racing heart. I could feel his powerful intimidating presence before I could even spot him. I jumped and quickly turned around when I heard the door shut close. I wanted to scream and shout begging the man to open the door and not leave me in here alone with him but I couldn't. I was scared. I didn't want to use my voice because I was scared he would hear me. I silently cried looking at the door my hands planted against it.

"Want to leave me so soon Mäuschen." it didn't sound like a question more like a statement. Even with everything he has put me through I couldn't control myself around him. His voice was still the same deep alluring voice that once made me clench my thighs. For a second I couldn't move, I had leaned onto the door for support because my legs betrayed me. The fear running through me, slowly drowning me.

I turned around for the first time letting my eyes properly roam the room while inside. I could now see it more clearly and the non blurriness of my eyes also helped as I kept on wiping the tears away. Afraid that if by any chance my eyes get blurry I wouldn't see him coming and he would pounce the second I was blinded.

There he sat, in one of his suits. His father was very big on formal, you would never catch any of them otherwise. Today he chose Armani. A blue Armani suit that only inhanced his intimidating, powerful and dark demeanor. He was playing the simple game of chess. Alone. Majority of men that I've met with natural blond hair and piercing blue eyes had a boyish charm to them, aside from Sylas. He radiated off dominance, power and darkness. I've never met anyone like Sylas. The darkness surrounding him should have been warning enough for me.