❰8- 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖺𝗄𝖾❱

It has been a week since that eventful night. María had a little scare that she might have caught feelings only after 3 days of knowing him. But she quickly dismissed it by telling herself that the so called feelings she had disguised the fact she only liked the attention  because all of this was new to her. It probably just was the excitement of having someone attractive attracted to you. That's all it was!

Needless to say, during that week she started to slowly avoid him to avoid how she felt.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

"Hi guys!"

Claire put down her tray on the table where her boyfriend and María were having an heated argument. She sat by Jakob who greeted her with an "Hi love" and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Your boyfriend is a psychopath Claire! He likes candy corn!"

María fake gagged. 

"First of all you are the psycho for missing out on such good candy and second of all, IT'S GOOD!"

Jakob immediately replied. The argument went on a little bit longer and Claire just sat there, eating her sandwich, listening and laughing at the debate the two were having.

"Ok then let's ask her"

"Go ahead Jakob, she'll agree with me you'll see"

María said with a smirk on her face because she knew that Claire hated candy corn with such a passion.

"Buttercup, is candy corn disgusting or is it great?"

She looked at Jakob and then María who were both giving Claire the "you know I'm right" look.

"I kinda have to agree with María here... Sorry sweetcheeks but candy corn IS a crime against humanity "

"SEE I  TOLD YOU!"

Jakob sat down in huff. He had his armed crossed on his chest.

"Damn, it even be your own girlfriend"

María and Claire exploded of laughter. Which made Jakob laugh along with them.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

Ever since the night stride, Omar felt confused. 

He really liked spending time with María, and he thought she felt the same. Until he noticed that she was avoiding him. Well María wasn't completely avoiding him. She still spoke with him the three times they shared a meal together. But the other times, she clearly avoided him. Omar asked some advice to Liano, who told him to "talk to her about it, man. My name ain't María".

Also, Kwest had found out about the little María and Omar situation. At first he was mad. He thought that Omar betrayed him. But after a short while, he realized two things. One : that his friend seemed worked up over the girl for whatever she did. So that meant that María actually meant something to Omar. And two : that it's not like María and him were gonna happen anyways. Kwest wasn't a great fit for her and vice-versa.

Soon after the "epiphany", Kwest and Omar talked it out. Liano was happy to finally not feel like the child of two divorcees who hate each other anymore. 

═════════ ❃ ═════════

Omar was now pacing outside the cafeteria. In his head, he was debating whether or not he should talk to María. He knew he should but he didn't know what to say. It's not like he was going to ask her why she was avoiding him. That would be an awkward conversation, obviously. He continued to pace while coming up with what to say to her.