𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

arvin's thoughts often drifted when he was laying asphalt. it was hard work, and his thoughts helped to distract him from his aching back and sweating hands. he'd gotten much more muscular since he'd started the job. on this particular day, his mind was particularly occupied with a battle between the topic he should be pondering and the topic that kept invading his mind.

the topic he should've been pondering was the errand that his grandmother needed him to run to new haven. for some reason, the post hadn't been running to coal creek, and she was behind on some tax payments that she needed him to take them to some accountant in new haven. he had the route carefully planned out, and it was only an hour drive not including stops for gas. 

the topic that kept invading his mind was none other than calypso. though he didn't know it, arvin was feeling the same force that drew willard to charlotte all those years ago. he couldn't stop thinking about how her plump lips curled around the cigarette to take a drag, and how her thick straight hair was blacker than the night sky. her long eyelashes and steely gray eyes danced in his mind, and he knew he'd fallen down a hole when he started thinking about the perfect contrast between her soft features and chiseled bone structure. her face was a work of art. he couldn't help wondering what was under her dress, and if it was as perfect as her face.  he'd been with his fair share of girls, but none of them could even begin to compare to calypso, looks and otherwise. 

it was late at night when he got off work. it was dark by the time he got back to his house, and any chance he had of reaching new haven by a decent hour was shot. he figured he could just drop the paperwork in the accountant's mailbox, so he took his time showering and getting on the road. he found a radio station and allowed himself to drive on autopilot, since he knew the route well. for awhile, his mind was blissfully empty. he pulled up to the accountant's office, a stern-looking brick building, and dropped the forms in the mailbox. 

he got back into his truck, and realized that he was starving and thirsty. he saw a large neon sign that said aphrodite's bar. it was close to the interstate, and there was bound to be some sort of food there. if not, he could definitely get a drink. 

the windows and doors were covered with black curtains, but arvin was desperate. he pushed the door open to reveal a huge open room with colored lights and smoke in the air. sensual music blasted deafeningly from the speakers. a small stage with three floor-to-ceiling poles sat front and center. there were several tables with cheap velour armchairs instead of regular chairs, but most of the customers were gathered up around the stage like it was a concert, crowding around the poles. each pole had a half-naked woman twirling on it.

arvin was completely in shock. he'd heard of bars with whores and naked girls, but he never thought that there'd be one in west virginia. still, they appeared to serve drinks, so he did his best to avoid looking at the dancers and sat down at the table. a scantily clad waitress came up and asked what he'd be having, so he just ordered  water, not wanting to stay any longer than he had to. his eyes slipped to the stage when he saw calypso.

she was wearing a green lingerie set with black pumps and dark makeup, swaying her hips to the music. she twirled around the pole and draped her body over it horizantally as men cheered and threw bills onto the stage. she was totally in her element, dipping down and twisting gracefully in sync with the music. arvin's pants tightened, and he made his way up to the stage, water forgotten. he wasn't sure how he managed to shove his way to the front of the crowd, but he soon had the best view of her. he stood there as if in a trance, watching her body move in pure shock. he knew calypso wasn't innocent, but he'd never expected this.

she was slim and willowy, but she had perfectly defined curves. the lingerie hugged her body perfectly, showing just enough ass to be vulgar and allowing her hard nipples to peek through the lace of her brassiere. it was showing too much and not enough all at the same time, and arvin couldn't look away. the way she carried herself, the way her long legs wrapped around the pole, the way she threw her jet black hair backwards. arvin was mesmerized.

𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕 (𝚊𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚕)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara