Silenced

TW: Mutilation/dismemberment??? Google wasn't sure

Listen, please understand that I love Janus (and mayhaps Remus) with that whole. . . weird, beating organ in my chest, but for this chapter, I need you to suspend disbelief and pretend that they are actual villains.

And don't ask me why I've been gone so long.

Spoiler alert: There's no reason. I'm just a lazy bitch.

Can I please go to sleep?

Kira got nerfed because I take antipsychotics now. It's hilarious. I hate them.

Imagine how I feel.

Aw. I don't care.

~~~

From the moment Anxiety appeared in the Mindscape, he refused to talk to them. He pressed his lips together, narrowed his eyes, and shoved his hands deeper in his pockets. Prince, personally, thought it was incredibly rude, and switched quickly to giving the silent treatment back. Logic gave an attempt every now and then, clearly trying to psychoanalyze the reaction rather than actually trying to get a response. Morality tried pretty much every day, hiding the hurt feelings with a cheerful smile and a warm greeting that was never returned.

Thomas questioned the behavior a lot, mentioning that he could still hear Anxiety in his head sometimes. He described the darker trait's voice, seeing as the rest had never heard it. Obviously, it was Thomas's voice, but deeper and slightly raspy, with a dark lilt and a teasing edge.

Morality made it a personal goal to hear that voice for himself, no matter what. Logic advised against getting his hopes up, since Anxiety made it very clear that he didn't want to talk to them. Prince simply scoffed and claimed the younger was being melodramatic for aesthetic.

Regardless, they were all curious.

~~~

Morality sprung up in front of Anxiety, feeling a little bad about how the other startled and flinched away. "Hey, kiddo! I just made some fresh cookies! Want one?" He held out the tray of steaming cookies, relishing in the blatant desire swimming in Anxiety's eyes.

Then he pressed his lips together even tighter and shook his head, avoiding his gaze. Morality tried not to pout.

"You sure?"

Anxiety hesitated, but nodded, stepping around the taller side to head towards his room. Unable to stop himself, Morality called after him.

"Anxiety!" He waited for the other to stop. "You can take some to your room if you want. For later."

Even if his plan failed, his chest warmed as Anxiety's eyes lit in relief and he grabbed a handful. He flashed Morality a grateful look and disappeared back down the hall. Morality couldn't decide if he was disappointed or not.

~~~

"Anxiety." Logic watched the darkly-dressed side snap his eyes over. "Could you give me a hand with something?"

Anxiety chewed on the inside of his cheek and nodded slowly, clearly hesitant.

Logic pushed a book towards him. "On page twenty-six, there is a list of words. Can you read them to me so I can cross-reference them with a different list?" He glanced back up and nearly recoiled. Anxiety's eyes were wide and scared, his entire body tense. He blinked, once, twice, and shook his head.