Chapter 25| Fireworks

"I swear it's cake!" Taehyung was yelling.

"Go away, Tae" I hit his face with my pillow.

It was 10 AM in the morning. I had not slept the whole night. Taehyung knocked on my door a little before 10 AM and tricked me into opening it.

He had been yelling since then to debate with me that cake was better than ice-cream. He knew that I would always snap when it came to ice-cream. I hated him with my whole heart.

Then I had covered myself with my blanket to try to fall asleep again.

"No. I won't. You have to accept that cake is the best" he continued annoying me.

"Okay-" I got up,

"Let's say there is a strawberry ice-cream and a vanilla cake. Which will you take?" I tried to make him say ice-cream because I knew he would not be able to deny strawberry.

"Are you insane? Don't you know the basics about comparing? Should you compare a footballer with a basketball player?" He shrugged.

"You know what? Go away!" I said and got under the blanket completely.

"Come on, Kkum! You can not do this to me" he said and kept bugging me.

"Otherwise?" I asked from under my blanket.

"I may have to play the master trick" he said.

"Huh?" I was not prepared.

Taehyung started to tickle me.

"Don't you dare" I tried to warn him but all that came out was just unwanted laughs.

I was standing in front of the vending machine for a while now. It was not working.

"I need a beverage" I said to a guy at the counter.

"You do realise that it's a coffee place, right?" He said.

"I don't know. Why isn't the vending machine working?" I asked him.

"You can order a coffee if you want" he said to me.

"Oh. A mocha latte. How did you know what I wanted?" I said to him. The latte was placed on the counter.

"No. That's-" he got cut off.

I was about to take it. But a hand brushed against mine and took it before I could.

"It's mine, thickheaded" I looked at him. It was Jungkook.

Then all of that hit me.

We freaking kissed last night.

I was really trying to assume that I had a dream last night. But seeing him then again, the realisation came to me. It was for real. Maybe the realest thing that ever happened to me.

I did not realize but from the depth of my heart, I did not want to see his face yet. I did not want to remember what happened. And Taehyung helped in that.

It was not like, I wanted to forget it or anything but I did not want to face the consequences.

"Okay" I replied and stared at him, still.

"He just called you thickheaded, not that you are not but were you supposed to say 'okay' so easily?" The guy behind the counter said.

"Huh?" My brain was having it's lags,

"Umm. That was not a good thing to say" I said looking at Jungkook.

"Oh. Thanks for the information" Jungkook said and walked away.

"What the heck just happened?" The guy asked again.

"I don't know" I said looking at him.

I really did not know what was happening. I was just as confused as he was.

"By the way, did you call me thickheaded?" I asked him suddenly getting remembered that he said 'not that you are not'.

"Here we go."

I sat on a chair in the lobby. My phone was kept unlocked in my hand. But my mind was full of Jungkook.

"Someone is having a party by the beach. Do you want to go?" Taehyung said sitting beside me.

"Nah. I am tired" I said not even looking at him.

"And beautiful who will look really good in those sundresses Hobi's elder sister has on sales" he smirked.

I looked at him,

"You sure know how to make a woman happy" I said smiling not getting bothered by the smirk plastered on his face.

"Your face sure knows how to make a man happy" he said.

"Shut up" I scoffed.

"No. I am serious. From where did you get such good looks?" Taehyung said, not being serious at all.

"It's in my genes, I guess" I said bragging a bit.

"Which jeans? This one?" He said pointing at my denim jeans which I was wearing and he laughed afterwards.

I poked the inside of my cheeks with my tongue.

"I hate you" I said casually.

"Me too" he said not laughing anymore.

"Hate me?" I asked.

"No. Myself" he said, still not laughing.

"Excuse me, Tae. What were we talking about?" I asked him doubting whether he even remember it or not.

"It does not matter. I need a chick by my side to pick up other chicks. So are you going or not?" He said getting back on his topic.

"I might not be of much help to you. You can ask Haesun to go with you for what I care" I said shrugging.

"I would, if she was here" he said.

"Then just take Jimin. Gosh!" I said and got up to go to my room. I needed some good thinking time for myself.

"Kkum! It's our last day here. Aren't you going to come out?" Jimin asked me yelling. He was standing outside the door of my room.

"For what?" I yelled back.

"A firework show is going to happen on 8 PM" Jimin said,

"Don't you want to see?" He asked me.

"I- I will be there" I said even though I did not want to see anyone right now, especially Jungkook.

Since it was getting cold at night, I wore a light pink colored hoodie before going out. I had no plan to look good.

The cold air made me sneeze as soon as I came out.

A warm hand intertwined it's fingers with mine.

"You must be a vampire to always be so cold like this."

It was Jungkook in his black turtle neck sweater.

________________

Vote for the chapter if you like it.

What do you think is going on in Jungkook's mind right now? Let me know please~~

Take care, Jae-ers 🌷🌷