Chapter 1

As she looked up, he quickly shifted his focus. It was too painful to cast away his glance, and he couldn't help but look her way again.

She seeped back into her book which made things easier for him. A serene look masked her face. A smile smeared over her lips and her eyes, wide open in anticipation.

She started tapping her feet and her fingers against the table, she looked agitated, unlike before. Her face was practically buried in the book, which troubled him.

He got up to seat himself elsewhere but his legs felt numb and made him crash right next to his table.

He got up slowly, trying to fade into the scene, the whispers were clear now.

He was suffering from fatigue and his eyes struggled to distinct, but his conscience remained the moment he laid his eyes on her.

Behind the book, she remained seated. He stood there, feeling not an ounce of pain, his pallor complexion making her's look ever so flawless.

A loud thud trudged past the silence, she slammed the book shut and left the cafe.

Before he could say anything, she was gone.

Her image in his head started to deteriorate already. He wished to look at her one more time.

After weeks of being bedridden, this was the first time the gentleman had stepped outside. The effect of the steroids felt everlasting. The numbness made it difficult to tell apart dream and reality.

The aroma of the coffee house was his medicine. Breathing in the bitter-sweet fragrance made him feel most alive.

He fell back into a chair, not giving a care for the distasteful glances he met.

He looked back at his phone that had been buzzing for the past five minutes, he hadn't taken notice until now.

He quickly took off, then stood at the door, pacing at his spot, deciding where he were to step next.

"Where were you so long?" A man said in a croaky voice.

"Ah- you- scared me!" Replied the boy who was trying to keep a low profile.

The huge man appeared in front of the not so petite boy himself.

"You're not supposed to go out, you're not well yet."

The boy just sighed and walked towards the door through the front yard.

"Franky!" Kokoro called out fervently as she stood before the door, now hands wide open to Embrace him.

"....Hi mom." Franky said in slight embarassment, holding onto her shoulder.

"Where have you been, young man?"

"Oh c'mon Tom, give him a break for God sake."

"I'm just asking a simple question.....nevermind."

"That's what I thought."

Franky chucked faintly and a smile stayed on his face.