Covert

Luffy's POV

It's only the second day of school and I hate it already. Well I don't have any friends, that's the only reason anybody would like school in the first place, I imagine.

Usually on the first day they leave us off the leash, But all our teachers made us study, I guess it's like that in highschool.

So I couldn't really get acquainted with anybody. I was really excited, but more chances will come, Ace told me.

I entered the school building, full of hope.

I ran into a familiar looking guy. It's Usso!

"Hey!" I walked up to him. He was standing outside his class.

"Oh...Luffy right?"

"Yeah! What are you doing?"

He shrugged.

"Boy, you've got strange hair." I chuckled while pulling down his curls.

Now the word I was looking for was unique, but that just came out, well he didn't seem to mind. "Yeah, It is kinda, I guess." He smiled, while I kept playing with his hair.

His teacher arrived and motioned all the students to go in, and I was left with no choice, but to leave for my class as well. I sat next to the window and pretended to be lost in thought but I simply thought of what I should think about.

The first period was English. I still struggled a bit with English in front of other people. Ace and I converse in English most of the time for practice. My uncle brought me a lot of literature books and movies but I have never been a fan of reading. Well books without pictures don't interest me, I don't have a good imagination, unlike Ace's.

We had physical education after English. I guess that would be my favourite out of the subjects I have. We did some stretches and warmed up a little, then took two rounds of the field. And that was it, the teacher had some work to do and since it was his first day with us.

I left to go to the bathroom, and returned back to the class instead.

I could sense a Savory buttery scent. It kept distracting me and now all I could think about was to hunt and eat it. I forgot to get my lunch today so that could be a perfect excuse. I resisted it in my head but by legs walked on their own getting lead by my perfect sense of smell. Now I was at the table where the beautiful aroma arose from.

I took the lunch box, and ate the meat. It was really good. I wanted to appreciate it and tried to get my thoughts together but I heard some footsteps approaching so hurriedly packed it up and put it back in the backpack.

Now the period was math, my worst subject. Actually every subject was my worst, I simply didn't enjoy studing. I sat on my seat, and looked out the window again.

Ah it's such a good breeze. I gazed at the birds and squirrels. I had decided, I'd get reincarnated as a bird, a parrot perhaps, it was my spirit animal afterall.

I felt someone's hand rest on my shoulder, I looked around to see a classmate.

I shrug my shoulder to get her off. But she simply turned around to stare at me.

"Hi, I'm Perona." She smiled, and once she was done talking her smile instantly disappeared.

That was wierd but the problem was that she was still disbalancing my posture.

"I'm luffy." I took my hand out and she finally stood still. Before she shook my hand I started rotating and stretching my shoulder and sighed in relief.

I saw her stretched out hand and felt a little embarrassed, she looked more mad.

Suddenly the whole class fell into silence. Ugh time to study, I tried to motivate myself.