Chapter 2

Kylee woke up in a silent scream once again. Without even looking at the bedside clock she knew it was the middle of the night. This was happening to her more and more now, the nightmares, they just wouldn't go away. The worse part about it all was that they were true, they came from her past. She remembered all the nights she cried herself to sleep wishing someone would come and save her. And now she remembered wishing that she could have the power to make the pain go away. 

Now she does have that power and she swears to herself that it will never happen again. She can make it stop. She has the power to make all the pain go away forever if she wants it to. Boy oh boy does she want it to!!

She knew the reason for the nightmares. Once again she was being tossed out. The current family Dan and Bea just couldn't handle her, just like everyone else she had ever lived with. They were afraid she would do something stupid and burn down their house or something. Kylee knew she would never do anything like that, after all she had most of her powers under control including the fire. 

The next morning when she wooke up she overheard her foster parents talking about sending her away. "Kylee come on it's time to go." She heard her social worker Amy's voice calling to her from downstairs. Stuffing the last of her clothing into her backpack she slung it over her shoulder and took one last quick look at the room she had called her own for the last three weeks. Closing the bedroom door she walked down the hall for the last time and trudged down the stairs.

Once tucked in Amy's car Kylee looked over at her. "Ok be honest, there are no more homes are there?" Her social worker turned toward her. She sighed. "When did you get so smart? But yes Kylee you're right, there are no more foster homes left." Kylee looked out the window as Amy started the car and pulled out of the driveway. "So this means I go to another group home then I guess." Amy knew in her heart that the girl was right, she was also depressed but there wasn't much Amy could do about either one. Most of the foster parents they had on the list either already knew about Kylee and refused to take her in or had allowed her to live there only to give up and ask for her to be removed shortly after.