Chapter 3: Hannah POV

Three weeks later-

The week had flown by and before I knew it Thursday morning was here again. I had slept like a rock last night after talking to Marshall while grading papers from the highschool class I've been completing my practicum with.

He and I had actually bumped into each other a few days after meeting... who would have thought that after randomly meeting Eminem one would also bump into him at Starbucks. I also embarrassed myself beyond belief and still cringed at the memory.

I've lived in the Detroit area for over three years and grew up nearby and never even heard whispers of him being around. I think he went out more than people realized, he just acted like he didn't so no one looked for him.

Clever.

I also wasn't very cool or popular and neither were my friends so that could also be why we never heard about him. I laughed to myself while getting out of bed. Twix the cat was still sound asleep
like the little king that he is. He was my little baby boy and I wanted another.

I started my morning routine and headed out the door. I took an uber to the highschool, smiling at the students as I walked in and down the halls. I couldn't wait for this to be my life every day.

The students were in such good moods today so it made my life easy, before I knew it the lunch bell was ringing. Today was a day I was being observed by two of my professors. The students teased me saying they would beat them up if I needed them too but I assured them I would be all set.

"You'll be great darling. I've been doing this almost thirty years, you've got these kids in love with learning, you care about them, and that shows. You're a natural." My mentor teacher spoke kindly. She was an elderly woman and had been a dream to work with.

I nodded my head and thanked her. The students had come back and my professors walked in. Professor Miles and Professor Green took seats in the back of the room. I heard some of the boys joke about their outfits and Professor Miles' glasses and gel backed hair.

I gave them a teacher glare and they stopped. I had decided to start a new lesson on creative writing and free writing. I explained the significance and importance of it and how it could help with our emotions and sanity. It had actually been inspired by Mr. Mathers, talking to him made me realize how much someone like home could influence these kids.

I talked about writing and how important words are for us all. Drawing inspiration from the hip hop scene these kids loved so much.

It worked.

After the class ended both professors gave me smiles. Professor Green headed out the door apologizing as she took a phone call, Professor Miles came up to me and smiled warmly.

"Well Miss Rose it seems you have a gift. Not only are you my brightest student in our class but you also are a bright teacher."

"Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was going to work but I've been building up to this for weeks with them. I just want them to fall in love with words like I am."

"It worked. You have a gift. Although I'm not sure if some rapper is a good source of inspiration but I guess with these kids it's something they can relate to." He chuckled somewhat ignorantly.

"Well, I have to disagree. If you take away the music and beats rap music tells stories unlike any genre of music. It definitely speaks to these kids because they are living the life that most of those men and women have lived through. Words are words and stories are stories, getting them to love literature is a journey. They won't appreciate Mark Twain or William Shakespeare until they find their own voice. And 'that rapper' has been named the greatest lyricist in the world. I think he's a perfect source for my lesson."

He looked taken aback by my words. Then his lip raised in a small smirk. He licked his bottom lip and I felt his eyes travel from my head to the tip of my shoe.

"Passion looks good on you Miss Rose. Have a great weekend. I'll see you Monday." His voice was smooth and he walked with the grace of snake slithering away.

And then he was gone.

I didn't have time to dwell on the interaction because the last class of the day was starting, my little freshman. I smiled at them and started the lesson.

——-
"I'm here!.... I know I'm late Kate but I got stuck with the kids and then took forever to get an uber and I had to shower..... okay.... okay.... I'm legit walking in the building calm your tits.... love you byeeeeeeee"

I headed into The Dome and immediately saw the girls at our usual lane. Tonight we were throwing axes and I was so excited. After ether day I had I just needed to relax and the beer and pizza were calling my name.

"Finally!" They all said at the same time.

I rolled my eyes and took a drink out of Aris beer. Chugging the whole thing more like it. "Shut up. It's barely 9! I'm not that late!"

They all laughed and we immediately immersed into conversation and singing. The speakers filled with old school Britney and we all belted out the classics. Christina came on followed by Destiny's Child, needless to say we were having a concert of our own.

After almost an hour my phone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out and saw Marshall's name on the screen. Well it was actually an old man emoji with a microphone emoji - but it was him. I thought it was hilarious, when he noticed it the other day he glared at me for half a second before he laughed.

His laugh was amazing and I felt privileged at hearing it often.

-You there?
Even with a simple text I get little flutters in my belly. God I was pathetic.

-It's Thursday isn't it?

-Attitude already? Damn.
I shook my head, my attitude was definitely full force today.

-It's been that way all day actually...

I laughed to myself because it was true. Between Professor Miles, the awful afternoon heading home and running late, I had a mega bitch laying under the surface.

-Needs an adjustment
Yes please. Please adjust it.

-yeah? You going to be the one to adjust it?

Was this flirting? I always sucked at it and never really could tell if someone was being nice or wanted to actually see me naked. Usually I friend zoned guys quickly but I didn't want to do that with him. What if he friend zoned me? He probably wasn't even thinking the way my brain was, I needed to stop reading erotic novels and fanfictions online. Oh Jesus Hannah calm down.

-I have a few ideas
Or maybe he's thinking exactly what I'm thinking.

-please share with the class Mr. Mathers

-No. Bad girls don't get rewarded

Ugh. This was the problem. He went into daddy mode and I turned into a wet whore. Bring it back Hannah just because you haven't been laid in a year doesn't mean you can molest the damn man, even in your mind.

Hah! Who am I kidding, the other night he was the only thing on my mind when I used al the battery life my vibrator had in it.

-I'll be good! I promise.
I wanted to pout.

-get your ass up here. I've been watching you for an hour.

I looked up and sure enough he was standing there leaning over the railing with his hood on his head and a hat covering most of his face. I chuckled and typed another message to him. Turning to my friends I told them we were heading up.

-stalker.

-it's Shady, he's crazy Princess.