Chapter 14: Marshall POV

"Don't be offended. You're just stand offish...But I like it." She poked my cheek and I was annoyed with the fact that I found it cute. She was turning me into a bitch. A soft bitch at that.

"How was your night?" I asked, I needed the distraction.

"So good! The girls we hung out with are great and we all get along well. Played lots of games, drank wine, talked a lot. Made plans for a night out soon, it's the "March Madness" parties..."

She stopped for a moment to look at me

"....me drinking does it bother you? I don't want to drink if it puts you in a bad spot."

The fact that she asked showed me that she genuinely cared. After we had run into each other and exchanged numbers we talked all the time.

One thing I disclosed to her fully was about my addiction and sobriety, for some reason she was just that type of person everyone felt like they could share their secrets with.

She kept them all safe.

When I saw her that same week at The Dome she had asked me if it was okay that she and her friends drink. Myself, Royce, and Yela were all sober but were fine with others drinking.

It was the drugs that weren't accepted by anyone. She and her friends weren't into that shit anyway.

"Nah I told you before that nasty wine shit you drink has no affect. I'm good being sober. I promise."
I patted her thigh for good measure. I kept my hand there for a little longer than needed.

Part of me wanted to slide my hand right in between her thighs and tease her until we got to the house.

"We were gonna do a bar crawl for that day. Or we were just gonna go to a house party. What do you think?" She asked me.

"When is it?"

"Two weeks. It's a Tuesday."

Why did the day sound important? I know I had something on my schedule, I was going to LA.

"I'm gonna be out of town for two days. I need to fly out to LA for a meeting that Monday and should be back late that Tuesday night.  But whatever you decide to do that night just let me know. " I smiled softly as I said it.

I would make sure to find her as soon as I landed that Tuesday night. I'd also make sure if she did go out to bars that people were there to make sure sure she was okay. I did the same thing for Alaina and will do the same for Hailie.

Trick has guys at his disposal always looking for ways to climb the ladder. Watching my girls was one of them.

We were in comfortable silence as we drove.

I realized that I was growing attached to her.

Emotionally and physically.

My body was aching for her.

My mind wouldn't let her escape my thoughts.

She was staring at me and didn't realize it.

I pulled into the garage and something in me couldn't hold back anymore. I instantly got out of the car without saying a word to her.

Before she could even think i was opening the passenger side door and pulled her to her feet.

I held her face in my hands and started brushing my lips with her own. I wanted to kiss her nonstop. I reached behind her and closed the door to the car.

I pulled my lips from hers, her breathing was accelerated. I leaned my body against the car and took in the sight of her. Damn she was gorgeous and didn't even know it.