15

/ real life /

Anne, Gemma, Harry and Sophi all sat around the dining room table. The lights had been dimmed a little as they ate the roast dinner Harry and Sophi had prepared.

Glasses of wine were being sipped. Or gulped when it came to Gemma. Sophi however, was clutching onto a glass of water.

"That was amazing. Thank you." Anne grinned.

"I'm so full. I can't move." They laughed at Gemma as she slumped back in the chair. "What's the occasion though? I'll be around every Sunday if this is the treatment I'm getting."

"Well there was something me and Soph wanted to tell you." Harry said with a slight smirk on his face.

Anne's eyebrows raised. As did Gemma's.

"Let's go to the living room."

All of them made their way into the living room. Harry placed a hand on the small of Sophi's back as he let her enter the room first.

"You two are scaring me. What's up?" Gemma questioned.

Harry giggled. Sophi didn't. Anne couldn't help but notice a slight nervousness about Sophi.

"Sit down and you'll find out." Harry scolded.

Gemma rolled her eyes at him. She's never been the most patient person. Especially when it comes to surprises.

Words weren't exchanged as they sat down. Instead, Harry grabbed two small presents from the side table and handed one to Gemma and Anne.

"Open them up." Harry encouraged.

He took a seat beside Sophi. He began to run soft circles of the back of her hand. Sophi glanced at him, she smiled. Harry did the same. He knows she's scared. He doesn't blame her either. But he isn't. He's certain his mum and sister will be nothing but supportive.

"I love presents." Gemma laughed.

Both Anne and Gemma began to unwrap the presents on their laps. By Sophi's standards, they were being too slow. That may be just be the nerves talking though.

Harry and Sophi watch their faces closely as the items within the wrapping paper are uncovered.

A small baby grow is now placed in Anne's and Gemma's laps. One embroidered with the words 'I love my nanny' and the other 'I love my auntie.'

Gemma looks up in shock. Anne can't take her eyes off the baby grow.

"You're-" Gemma starts.

Sophi nods slowly as tears form in her eyes.

"Honey, come here." Anne looks up, opening her arms as she motions Sophi in for a hug.

As Sophi collapses into Anne's hold, Gemma rushes over to Harry. She hugs him tight.

"Congratulations bro." Gemma smiles.

As they all break apart, Soph turns to face Gemma as well as Anne.

"It's urm, it's-" Sophi begins. She takes a deep breath before continuing. "Jacobs the father. It happened when he r-raped me."

Sophi can't quite manage to look at either of them in the eye.

"Love, it's ok. Look at me." Anne insists.

She does.

"I love you. Harry loves you-"

"And I love you." Gemma interrupts.

Anne laughs before continuing. "And we all love this baby. Harry may not be the father biologically but I'm pretty damn sure he will be an amazing dad."

Harry nods at his mums words. He feels himself becoming emotional at the knowledge that his mum believes he'll be a great dad.

"I promise I'll be the best grandma too. Can't say much about Gem. I can only imagine what mischief she'll cause with the little one."

Sophi laughs at Anne's words. She nods as to confirm she's listening.

"I'm weirdly looking forward to it." Sophi says as she winks at Gemma.

They share a hug as Anne and Harry do. Lastly, Harry pulls Sophi into a cuddle too.

"I love you baby." Harry whispers into her hair and they rock side to side slightly.

"I love you too." Sophi confirms.

"Wait, but how far along are you now? 3 months?" Gemma asks.

"Nearly four. About to hit 14 weeks. I promise I would have told you before but I was terrified. And after what happened the last time I got pregnant, I didn't was to risk telling everyone and then lose the baby like I did."

"Sweetie, you don't need to defend why you didn't tell us. We know now." Anne says as she rubs Sophi's shoulder.

"You're quiet H." Gemma says.

"I'm just so happy. Overwhelmed and happy." Harry says. Sophi smiles as she remembers when they found out she was pregnant.

— flashback —

"I can't bring myself to turn them over H."

"I'll do it if you want baby."

Sophi nods. Harry's hands shake a little as he reaches out to the two pregnancy tests resting on the bathroom counter.

He flips them both over. Sophi has her hands wrapped around Harry's waist and her head tucked into his neck.

Harry's eyes wonder across the contents on the bathroom counter, almost avoiding the tests. But he can't seem to avoid the word that's printed across both tests.

Pregnant.

"Turn around love." Harry whispers.

Sophi unravels herself from Harry's grip. Yet, he still holds onto her hand. She grabs one of the tests from the counter. He watches as she reads the word.

A small gasp leaves her mouth. Followed by tears that fall down her cheeks.

Harry doesn't say anything. Instead, he hugs her tight. His arms wrapped around her waist from behind.

"I'm pregnant Haz."

"Mhm." Harry hums as his hands shift over Sophi's tummy.

"Are we really going to do this?"

"I'm ready if you are, honey."

Sophi nods. She's scared but after countless conversations with Harry, they know that their focus from now on is ensuring their baby is happy and healthy.

"We're parents." Harry finally says with a giggle laced in his words.

"I love you Harry. So much."

"And I love you too Soph."