A Birthday on Halloween

Our tale begins in the ancient forest, where the lord of Halloween Town has called on heroes to come to his aid, against the cursed spirits that haunt the lands. Only a pair of demons (Arc and Ruby) they were to face the forces here. But on this night, was a very special night for one of them.

Arcturus and Ruby were making their way through the forest, and Ruby knows Arc's thinking about something.

Ruby: remind me again why we didn't call the others?

Arcturus: they got something going on at the moment. And, since it's something special today, I figured we could do this as a date.

Ruby: I guess. So, what are we looking for?

Arcturus: according to Jack, we got multiple spirits. One of which has taken the form of a Grimm called "Wendigo." If we're lucky, we should be able to light a match on it and burn him.

Ruby: okay then, let's go. And, do you have any other plans?

Arcturus: not really. Just thought this would be a nice chance for us to be together on a mission.

Ruby doesn't speak again, but was wondering what Arc had in store. She knows he never forgets her birthday, and yet he was acting all casual. For now, the couple move through the forest until they arrive to the town. People were roaming around, and they soon made their way to the graveyard where they found Zero.

Ruby: hi, Zero!

Arcturus: can you give us a hand, boy?

Zero: (barks)

The ghost dog then floats away and leads them to the spiral hill. There, they find the spirits they were looking for. Seeing this, they pull out their weapons to fight against them. All the while fighting, they definitely noticed when using fire attacks on the Wendigo, he was screaming like a subwoofer that had an animal with a megaphone for a voice box.

A/N: look up Jacksepticeye's Wendigo hunt video for a visual idea.

Arcturus: that's very loud.

Ruby: yeah.

They soon finish beating the enemies, and they took a moment to see they were on the top of the hill with the moon perfectly in the background. With a little work, Arc managed to get his mask off and gives Ruby a kiss on the lips.

Arcturus: feel good?

Ruby: yeah. So, can you think of anything else to do?

Arcturus: actually, there is one place we can go.

They then headed to where Jack Skellington was waiting for them. He offers thanks to them, and they join him to the main auditorium, where they're greeted by their friends, family, and many of the town people.

Everyone: SURPRISE!!!

Ruby was taken back by seeing this, but soon had a huge smile as she greets the others.

Ruby: you guys, what is all this?

Sora: Arc had set this up for you. He talked with Jack and they arranged all this.

Ruby: (turn to Jack) you were okay with this?

Jack Skellington: of course! After everything you've all done for us in the past, I wanted to help prepare this as thanks. Though, Arc deserves most of the credit.

Arcturus: (rubs the back of his head) you mentioned you wanted a birthday here, so I asked and the everyone helped out here.

Ruby: (kisses his cheek) you're so sweet.

The rest of the night was fun with everyone giving Ruby gifts, cake, and they even saw the annual Halloween Town performance they celebrate with every year. Ruby had always enjoyed her birthday, but spending it with her new friends and family here made it one of the best.

Author's note: first one shot!
I know I said I was gonna do these later, but since Ruby's birthday is on Halloween, I thought it would be a good opportunity to write this as a first. Also, sorry if it's not so good, this is my first time writing one of these.
Like I said in the beginning of this, it'll primarily revolve around my OCs from all the stories. As I come up with more, they'll be added here.