Harsh Climate

Barry watched as the snow fell faster and heavier. It looked like a storm was picking up. 

Central City didn't get blizzards often, but when they did, it hit bad. 

The snowflakes were ginormous and filled with ice that hurt worse that the blasting wind. The freezing wind whipped at your face, biting any open skin. The combination of snow and wind make it so the cold seeped through your clothes, making everything ten times colder.

Everyone in Central City knew not to go out during a blizzard. Ever.

But someone needed help. 

And Barry being Barry, had to help.

Barry was bundled up in a bunch of blankets at Joe's. Joe was at the station and Iris was at Eddies, so Barry had the house to himself. He was watching all the Mission Impossible movies and drinking hot chocolate, when he heard a scream.

At first, he thought it was just from the movie. Then he heard the cry.

"Help!"

Barry was up in an instant.

He sped into his winter gear and was outside in less than a second. He looked around, but he could hardly see anything through the storm. The cold bit through his coat and snow slipped into his boots. 

"Someone help me!" 

Barry raced in the direction he heard the voice. He stopped short when he saw a young boy, probably 15, trapped under a large pile of snow and branches.

"Hang on!" Barry yelled.

He used his super speed to melt/dig out the boy. When Barry got to him, the boy's clothes were soaked. Barry sped him into his coat and boots, then placed his hat and scarf on him. 

"Y-your the F-Flash," He said, shivering.

Barry nodded. "Where d-do you l-live kid?"

He pointed in a direction, "T-the b-b-blue house."

Barry sped him there and inside as quick as he could. No one else was in the room, so Barry paused before running out.

"Take care kid."

"You too Flash." He said, "And thanks."

Barry nodded and raced out. 

He was instantly blasted by the harsh wind and he wished he had thought to grab his coat again. He was almost frozen to the spot. Barry couldn't see shrap, and he had no idea which way was home.

Barry tried to vibrate to keep himself somewhat warm, but in reality he was just shivering really fast. 

Barry stumbled in a direction, hoping it was the right one. Barry couldn't run anymore, he was too cold. 

All he could think about was how cold it was. He came up to a door and jiggled the handle. It was locked, so he moved on. (Seriously Barry. You're gonna get yourself killed)

He stumbled through the blizzard, so weak that he was about to literally be blown away. Somehow, he made it to the next house. He didn't really realize it was his, but it was unlocked, so he let himself inside. He honestly could care less if it was a stranger's, he just needed out of the cold. 

He collapsed inside and the door swung shut behind him. He had enough energy to make it to the carpet, then he fell onto his stomach and lost consciousness. 

***** LINE BREAK *****

Barry came to to the steady beeping of a heart monitor. 

He must've made some noise, because he heard a shuffling of feet and then a voice.

"You with us Bar?" Joe asked.

Barry slowly peeled his eyes open, "Wha' happen'?"

"What happened?" Joe asked, "I was hoping you would tell me. I don't like coming home to find you dying on the floor because you had some bright idea to go out into the blizzard. And if that in itself wasn't bad enough, you went without the proper clothes!"

"Had to give 'em to boy. He was 'rapped in snow. Had to help." Barry slurred.

"Damn it Barry." Joe muttered.

"You're up," Caitlin said, walking into the med bay, "And you're an idiot. What were you thinking!? If you had to help someone, you should've stayed there, not go back out. Certainly not without your coat and boots. You died Barry. You had severe hypothermia. If Joe had gotten back even a minute later, you would most likely still be dead."

"Sorry."

Caitlin huffed and checked Barry's vitals.

"You're grounded." Joe said.

Barry made a noise of protest, "You can't ground me."

"Well I can now. After a stunt like that? Hell yeah you're grounded."

Barry pouted. "You can't ground me," He grumbled.

Joe barked out a short laugh, "If you do something like this again, I'll kill you."

Barry sighed, "Fair enough."

**********

A/N- sorry this one is late. I was pretty busy last night. 

I am so angry! I don't get to go back to actual school until FEBRUARY 2ND! It's. So. STUPID. I'm so mad. This sucks. And I'm kinda already in a bad mood, since the math test I thought I actually did good on, I friggin failed. So now I have a 'C' in math and I'm really... argh!

Anyway.... I'll get the next chapter in later!

Love y'all! :)