🅴🅿︎ 🅴🅸🅶🅷🆃🅴🅴🅽

Victor's POV

I've spent too long at this place with my so-called grandparents and I have yet to get any information on why I was instructed to come here. It was 3 in the afternoon and Kinsley isn't supposed to contact me until exactly 11:13. I'm tempted to go back into the city and find out what the hell is going on. I especially need to go back to that bathroom at the school.

I just hope it's not a crime scene or I'll really be upset.

"Vic, you can't just sit here all day waiting on your sister to call. You could be telling me what's going on because I'm clueless at the moment." I watched as Jahmiah came to sit next to me on the bed as I sat back carefully.

He started taking off my bandages, putting medicine on it before redressing it as I sighed before speaking, "It's dangerous being around me and my family Jahmiah. They probably already know who you are and are looking for you too."

"Looking for me? Hell you talkin---"

"Let me finish please. No interruptions and please don't think of me differently okay?", he nodded cuddling up next to me as I held his hand. And I sat there telling him everything---all about mama and how we're all these prized figures in a country we don't even live in...how we're being targeted constantly having to defend our lives because people want we have.

"No matter how much of a hard ass I am, I'd rather be a fucking loser than have to deal with shit like this for the rest of my life. I'm not too tough to handle and constantly worry about when I'm gonna have a gun in my face or having to go on the run. I'm seventeen J and I just got shot for the first time in my life---probably not the last---my parents are missing, and I'm stuck here because I have to follow along with our plan. I want to figure this out now."

"Then let's do it your way. I don't care if they find me too cause we in this together, ride or die right? Let's go right now and find out what's going on."

I looked up at him as he slightly smiled pulling on my bottom lip. I pulled him closer taking a small kiss from him.

"Ride or die. I prefer it without the dying part though so keep it in mind."

We cleaned up the room we stayed in and walked out to the living area seeing them standing there with a single piece of paper in hand. Alycia held it out as I walked forward with narrowed eyes in case they tried something, I don't trust them.

I looked at it seeing some random guy with an address on it. The name Yaheem Grant in bold---this is the skaking rink

"Your parents wanted you to look for him and to also get in contact with one of their old allies. She's older than us, Rahida Baiamonte is her name. She's in a nursing home not too far from here and she apparently has more information that they wanted to keep secret."

"Why in the hell are they sending us on a wild goose chase?", I folded up the paper putting it in my back pocket as they motioned for us to sit on the couch.

"They enlisted help from a lot of people just in case so you'd have someone to go to figure things out---in case they died. The rest of your family isn't exactly aware of everything fully as they wished to stay out of that life. Elie actually has an automated message being sent to their phones if your sisters followed directions and it's a cover up so you have to be discreet about your actions. Your parents however are in a locked position and so are you kids. It's most likely since they haven't contacted us or you that they've been taken or you know, they wanted you guys to take position and figure everything out. Get your enemies off your back," Frederick slid over a small book as I eyed it.

"How are teenagers without parents who led them through everything take care of this?! Any one of us could be next!"

"Kristian wants you guys to not think of this as a life or death situation. Think of it as another one of your drills and you have no choice but to come out on top. Your mama left that book for you guys to contact anyone you need, everything is listed in there in full description along with the nursing home. You should go," Alycia said sounding a bit nervous as she rushed us towards the door. Why the back door though?