44- Mads!

You smiled and sipped your coffee as you rode the elevator up to your floor. You turned the corner and were not prepared for what you were about to see. You watched the familiar face creep out of Room 241 and silently close the door behind her. Her hair was a mess, and she was wearing the kind of dress that made it clear she was in last night's clothes.

You rush into the stairwell to hide until you hear the elevator ding

You rush into the stairwell to hide until you hear the elevator ding. You peeked out to see the doors shut and she was gone. You weren't imagining things. Mads just came out of your boyfriend's dorm at the crack of dawn, wearing yesterday's clothes and serious bed head.

You stood in front of his door debating whether to walk in screaming, throw the hot coffee at him, leave them on the doorstep and disappear, or just give up and hide in your room and break down. Before you can make up your mind, you see Josh turn the corner you'd just come from with a smile on his face.

Josh: "Hey baby, what are you doing up already? I was just coming to find you to apologize. I'm so sorry I fell asleep last night."

You: *stuttering*"I- I was bringing you coffee

You: *stuttering*
"I- I was bringing you coffee."

Josh: "You didn't have to do that, but I really could use a cup after my night. Thank you."

He took the cups out of your hand and motioned for you to open the door to his room but you just stood in shock at how calm and collected he was being.

You: "NO!"

The force in your voice shocked even you. Josh just stood staring at you:
"I- I'm sorry. I know you're mad that I fell asleep at the library."

You: "You think I'm mad you fell asleep at the stupid library??"

Josh: "Well I did until about 3 seconds ago. Talk to me, tell me what's wrong."

You: "Let's start off with a list... hmmm? You barely talk to me anymore and when you do, you conveniently leave out the things you should have DEFINITELY been telling me."

Josh: "I know I should have told you I'd talked to Mads,but I meant it that it wasn't a big deal to me. But I understand I messed up. I told you tha-"

You: *continuing*
"And what about the fact that she's here and you guys are apparently hanging out behind my back?"

Josh: "I only saw her once and I swear to God I didn't know she was coming. She just showed up and I told her that I didn't want to see her and how inappropriate it was for her to be here. I'm pretty sure she went back home by now but I don't know because I stopped responding once she did that."

You: "Yet, still didn't tell me about it?"

Josh: "I was planning to. I thought I handled it. She left but I was waiting to talk to Olivia to make sure Mads had actually made it home before saying anything."

You: "She left? Hmmm interesting. So that wasn't her I just saw creeping out of your room 10 minutes ago?"

Josh looked absolutely stunned stupid and genuinely confused, but all you could see was red. For once all that pain and hurt was turning into anger as you marched into your room and slammed the door in his face.