Chapter Sixteen: The Apology

Previously........................

"Aria West." I began, "I believe her to be the missing Potter girl."

"Based on what?" He wondered.

"Are you blind?" I asked him, "She looks exactly as Lily once did, not to mention the same middle name."

"People have the same first and middle names all the time." He commented, "What did Dumbledore say when you brought this up to him?"

"To leave it alone. That she's dead, but I was the first person there that night, I discovered their bodies, Aria was nowhere to be found." I told him.

"Don't give me that kind of hope, Severus. Not for my god-daughter." He said with tears in his eyes.

"You must believe me." I practically begged.

"There is a resemblance to Lily. I won't lie." He sighed. "But we can't know for sure. How do you know you were the first one there?"

"I-i just always assumed," I answered.

"So, Dumbledore could be hiding something." He told me and it made sense. "We should talk to McGonagall first, he may listen to her better than us."

Now..................................

Snape's POV......................

It was just before dinner, the students had just gotten back from Hogsmead, when Remus and I caught Minerva in her classroom, getting some last minute grading in. "Remus, Severus, how can I help you two?" McGongall asked, not even looking up from the paper she was grading.

"We'd like to talk to you about a student in your house." Remus began and she immediately looked up at us.

"Which one?" She questioned.

"Aria West." I told her.

"What about her? She is a very good student. Tends to be a troublemaker but she has all O's in her classes." She told us.

"That's not what we want to talk about." I sighed.

"Then what is it?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sure you've noticed how she looks a lot like Lily, Minerva." Remus began, "What if there was some way she could be alive." She took off her glasses and set them down on the tests.

"Are you saying what I think you are saying?" She asked, looking to Remus.

"I was the one who approached him with the idea." I told her. She looked at me. "I asked Dumbledore about it at the end of first year and he was convinced she was dead. It seemed suspicious."

"Yes, she does look like Lily and with Ms. West's full name, it doesn't seem like a coincidence. Has she ever brought up her father?" McGonagall asked.

"I believe I overheard her once tell someone she was adopted." I told them and they both looked at me.

"I believe we should bring Aria in and ask her about it, see if she knows." McGonagall said. "Because if she is and Sirius Black is out there, she is in just as much danger as Harry is."

Aria's POV.....................

I was walking up the stairs, later that night to the common room but before I could get to the Fat Lady's Portrait. There was a crowd of Gryffindors in front of the portrait, I realized Harry was in front of me. "What's the hold-up? Only Neville ever forgets the password." Ron asked. Then Percy pushed himself through the crowd.

"Let me through, please. Excuse me, thank you, I'm Head Boy..." Percy said then stopping at the top. "Back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!"