Chapter Twenty-Three: Mad-Eye Moody and The Goblet

Happy 2021!

-Wildflower

Previously......................

"Is there any idea of who conjured the mark?" I questioned them.

"There is no idea." Fred shrugged.

"At least that our dad knows." George added looking at Draco.

"You are looking at me as if he tells me anything." Draco said. I gave him a look. "Fine, I eavesdropped on a meeting. However, not officially, he says Barty Crouch Jr."

"Isn't he in Azkaban?" I questioned.

"Peter Pettigrew was supposed to be in Azkaban too but he was able to escape." Draco retorted.

"I'm not saying you're wrong." I told Draco. "I'm just saying it's surprising. Sirius and Pettigrew escaped because they were Animgus."

When we made it to Hogwarts we watched flying horses, pulling a carriage, fly in. From the water you saw a ship emerge from the water. "I wonder what's going on." I stated.

"No clue." Draco shrugged.

Now.............................

We were all sat in the Great Hall, for the first time this year, as Dumbledore began talking, "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore began and Filich ran up to him, whispered something then ran back down the aisle. "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the triwizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime." Then a group of girls, dressed in blue capes, danced their way up the aisle, releasing butterflies into the air. When the bow, signifying they were done, we break out in applause.

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Someone commented after seeing the headmistress.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore announced. Then a group of older boys walk up the aisle brandishing bo staffs twirling them and pounding them into the ground in perfect sync with a spark effect.

"Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!" I heard Ron say with excitement. Igor Karkaroff greets Dumbledore like an old friend, embracing. Everyone got sat down and the feast had begun. Soon after the feast, Dumbledore began to talk again.

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the triwizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Dumbledore began.

"Wicked." Fred said out loud.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." The headmaster said before the ceiling began to thunder and rain leaks through the roof. Then a man who stood in the doorway casted a spell who put an end to that, putting it back to its original state.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron identified.

"Alastor Moody? The aura." Hermione questioned.